• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moving to Butte County soon...

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Anyone here in Butte County, in the Chico/Paradise area? Any input on carrying in the area? I'd love some feedback on both OC and CC, as well as any experiences with LEOs. Thanks.

Butte County is one of a few counties where issuance of a license to carry concealed is reasonbly loose. There was a member who had begun open carrying and sharing their experiences about a year ago, but after having a couple of negative police encounters (one of which resulted in an arrest), it appears their enthusiasm has ebbed somewhat.

Local police do not appear to support open carry, but this is viewed through the lens of anecdotes shared here and not by my personal experience. Since Chico is a college town, many of the folks there are either socially liberal or anti-gun, so you may find many responding negatively to the 2nd amendment demonstration.

Rusty

Chico is quite liberal

Although Butte County is one of the more conservative in California, Chico itself is rather liberal in nature.

I too recall the OC threads for the Chico OC guy, but it sounded to me like he was having a hard time of it.

I am also moving up to Chico in the next few days, so it is good to see that there will be a few people of like mind up there.

It would be interesting to see some OC at the Downtown Farmers Market (I think it is still Thursday nights). But be careful, there is a private school that the GFSZ seems to infringe into the 4th/5th and Broadway area.

SargentMac

Well Rusty, I just heard back from a job I inquired about and it sounds like they're looking to hire 5-6 people in the next 2 weeks. Maybe I'll get down there sooner than I had expected. As far as OC in Chico, I may have to build up to that. I'll be staying up in Paradise and I'll probably start there.