• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A reply from Laurie Bisch (Clark County Sherriff candidate) re/Constitutional Carry

SCJeffro

I am friends with Laurie Bisch on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000043637574 and I asked her a question regarding "Constitutional Carry" and got a public response!!
Here it is so far…
Jeff Anderson:

Hey Laurie, would you be a proponent of a similar law to AZ's regarding "Constitutional Carry"? A lot of 2nd Amendment advocates see the current CCW (and especially the Blue Card, Clark County Registration) as a clear infringement of 2nd Amendment rights! I would love to see our next Sheriff really support the 2nd Amendment! Too many people claim they support the 2nd Amendment but ignore the "Shall not be infringed" part!

Laurie Bisch:

Yes, Jeff I am a big supporter of our 2nd Amendment. I even have the endorsement of the NRA.

Jeff Anderson:

Awesome, that is GREAT NEWS!! For those that don't know, the three states of AK, VT and now AZ allow Open carry or Concealed carry of a handgun with NO PERMIT. It basically enables anyone who can legally own a handgun to be able to carry it without getting a CCW. This would do away with the current CCW program and get us back on a road to our true un-infringed 2nd Amendment right to "Keep an Bear arms"!
It would be great if we could get Gillespie OUT in November! Pass this on to all your gun friendly friends and family in Nevada!!

We as gun owners/carriers need Gillespie OUT... He is a firm supporter of the Clark county "Blue Card" gun registration system, from what I understand from talking to those that know him, he is against "Constitutional Carry" and, does not support but rather reluctantly tolerates Open Carry... He is NOT a good candidate for those of us who support and want our 2nd Amendment rights upheld! That is not even touching on the fact that his department has one of the higher rates of Officer Involved Shootings in major metropolitan areas that are similar in size and population.

All in all we need a change and Laurie Bisch has really hit a few good notes with me on her support of 2nd Amendment issues!

Gordie

Sounds good, but did she really answer the question? A little detail about what "I support the 2a." means to her would help. The NRA endorsement means almost nothing as they are still up in the air over rather or not to endorse Harry Reid.

Does she favor dropping the blue card/registration reqirement? Is she for Constitutional carry? What, if any restrictions does she support? Would she use her influence to help change the SCA's positions on gun rights in Nv? Is she a gun owner herself?

I agree that Gillespie needs to go, and she sounds good, but we need to know more details.

Mudjack

Banned
I'd ask for more clarification...

I'd ask Laurie Bisch for more clarification. Her words were a little disturbing. Being endorsed by the NRA should have given most people the first clue and made their inner alarm signals sound off. I know they did mine. COMMENT REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Bashing other gun rights groups

I know next to nothing about Laurie Bisch other than having read a few slogans and heard a couple of speeches; I can't see anything in her rhetoric whatsoever that indicates she is pro 2A or pro-Constitution. I predict she is in fact not the Constitutional Carry/Second Amendment advocate Nevadans are looking for. I would not look for the enforcement of bad laws to get looser under Bisch, but much tighter. She is one of those from the wrong side. I can almost guarantee it. In fact, it is safe to say that Nevada, particularly Las Vegas, is so corrupt that even getting someone like the one you're hoping for into office here is near impossible. It could potentially, possibly, still be done, yes, but it is highly unlikely.

Besides, they'll tell you anything to get elected. Literally. Zero shame. Liars all.

In my book, no elected, or wanna-be-elected, official is to be trusted under any circumstances. They are, every single one of them, to be watched like hawks. I strongly advise you to do your research and your homework on Bisch before casting your vote. I know I will.

If Laurie Bisch is so pro-Constitution and pro-gun rights, why isn't she waving those banners everywhere she goes? Why isn't she handing out pocket Constitutions? Why isn't she talking about gun rights and the Constitution in her speeches and on her billboards? In her daily travels, when pulling citizens over on the highway to hand out another stupid speeding ticket, I am sure she tells them all about their Constitutional Rights -- first thing out of her mouth. Yeah, right. And if you believe that, I have some real nice ocean-front property you can buy, right here in beautiful Downtown Las Vegas, Nevada.

Laurie Bisch is full of it. Her little response is just a little lip service to get your vote. She hasn't got a clue what the Constitution says. Guaranteed.

Vegassteve

In a thread on this site a few months ago Laurie answered questions. She would do away with the blue card. She has even been to a couple of OC meets and a pizza joint. She is at all the gun shows and answers all questions you toss at her. I just hope she can overcome the good ol boy network.

SCJeffro

It is funny to see how quickly people jump to dismiss her statements. So what do you propose? Keep Doug Gillespie in office?? Supporting the Blue Card registration garbage and running a department that is quick to shoot first ask questions later?? This is the same issue we are having with Harry Reid, we need him OUT at any cost!! Though the candidate running against him may not be the best of the best, it is all we got!

I have clarified the question to Laurie (though I have talked to her in person at 2 different gun shows and she answered my questions face to face there.) I suggest you do the same, I believe she will be at the Cashman Center Las Vegas Gun Show in September. Will her opponent even show up? I highly doubt it.

I will post her reply when I get it.

Mudjack

Banned
To clarify...

Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil. There is no difference between a speck or a gallon of cyanide in your soup. Either way, you get the same result.

Bisch, nor anyone else for that matter, will get my vote until all my research on her is done and she checks out 100%, no exceptions.

And if neither candidate fits the bill, neither candidate gets the vote and I will be proud to say I did not vote for either one of them.

DON`T TREAD ON ME

Also do not forget what Doug Gellispie said at the budget meeting, I have the recording and will provide on request so I will quote off memory. "there are times when a Katrina style gun confiscation is valid, because it protects citizens"
While L. Bisch may not be my perfect candidate, in all appearances she is a long way from that. I would like more of a Joe Arpio approache, but sometimes things change slower, If we could get the Old Boy grip off the Sheriffs Dept. it is possible that better candidates would pop up and become interested.

Mudjack

Banned
Better candidates?

I don't know where these "better candidates" are going to pop up from, here in our fine Masonic city of Las Vegas. I think the good ol' boys have won this town. Nothing life changing or affirming happening here in Las Vegas. It is finally becoming the Third World shithole they have always wanted it to be.

Which is why I am working hard toward getting the hell out of here and moving over to God's Country and living in Arizona, the Land of the Free.

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
It is funny to see how quickly people jump to dismiss her statements.

"I support the Second Amendment" means NOTHING without an explanation of what you think the 2nd actually says.

Get specifics. Ask any candidate the following questions:

Do you support Constitutional Carry? Will you endorse an effort to bring it to Nevada?

What do you believe are the appropriate limits on firearms ownership and possession?

What have you done in times past to give us reason to believe that you are pro-gun-rights?

gmijackso

"I support the Second Amendment" means NOTHING without an explanation of what you think the 2nd actually says.

Get specifics. Ask any candidate the following questions:

Do you support Constitutional Carry? Will you endorse an effort to bring it to Nevada?

What do you believe are the appropriate limits on firearms ownership and possession?

What have you done in times past to give us reason to believe that you are pro-gun-rights?

Maybe she means something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCgCceg042w

chrsjhnsn

Obama supports the 2A

so does Harry Reid, Diane Feinstein and Sotomayor- Chuck Schumer and Lautenberg , mayor Bloomburg etc.

Saying you support the 2A is like saying you like children.

Nevada carrier

so does Harry Reid, Diane Feinstein and Sotomayor- Chuck Schumer and Lautenberg , mayor Bloomburg etc.

Saying you support the 2A is like saying you like children.

Mayor Daily supports the second amendment so long as your firearms are unloaded, disassembled, locked, never leave your home, require you to pay a usurious registration/tax/training fees and you keep your ammunition locked separately in your basement.

Robin47

I am friends with Laurie Bisch on facebook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000043637574 and I asked her a question regarding "Constitutional Carry" and got a public response!!
Here it is so far…

It would be great if we could get Gillespie OUT in November! Pass this on to all your gun friendly friends and family in Nevada!!

We as gun owners/carriers need Gillespie OUT... He is a firm supporter of the Clark county "Blue Card" gun registration system, from what I understand from talking to those that know him, he is against "Constitutional Carry" and, does not support but rather reluctantly tolerates Open Carry... He is NOT a good candidate for those of us who support and want our 2nd Amendment rights upheld! That is not even touching on the fact that his department has one of the higher rates of Officer Involved Shootings in major metropolitan areas that are similar in size and population.

All in all we need a change and Laurie Bisch has really hit a few good notes with me on her support of 2nd Amendment issues!

Good deal, keep up the fight, Nevada carriers ! Robin47