Thread: Introduction

Introduction

I was turned onto this forum by an OC advocate from LV.

I have recently discovered (today) that my CPL rights and the right to possess a firearm are intact in WA, which was in question due to my Resident Alien status. I could kick myself for drinking the propoganda 'kool-aid', and was under the belief for my consenting years, I did not have the right to protect myself because my birthplace was in Canada. (I have only lived in the US since 1968!!!)

As a way of introduction, I offer up this link and direct you to 1:01:20. http://tvw.org/media/mediaplayer.cfm...8629228&bhcp=1
    (I hope this works)

I am very active in the motorcycle community, and am the current Legislative Affairs Officer for ABATE of Washington, and also can be found in Olympia fighting for citizen rights; meeting with legislators, and testifying at public hearings.

I have never owned a sidearm, however I soon will; and when I do, I plan on exercising the right to open carry as well as have a CPL.

I have a lot to learn about the 2A, and how it is applied in WA. I am sure that this forum will more that prepare me with the knowledge to defend the rights afforded all of us throught the US and WA constitutions.

Anyway, thats all I have for the time being. Thought the polite thing to do was introduce myself.

Mr. Breeze

glad to have you in this forum

where in the hell is LV? ------ oh im thinkin ?? Las Vegas?
    been here 42 years?
    hell yes, youve got rights!
    ive got a moto guzzi, rode with ABATE lotsa times
    exercise those rights, get your CPL!!!!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 07-27-2010 at 03:49 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

You are right! It is a little place in Southern Nevada with a lot of lights!

I am heading to the PD tomorrow to start the process.
    Last edited by Mr Breeze; 07-27-2010 at 04:16 AM.

Welcome!!!

Also a motorcycle rider. On my 6th bike a 2007 yamaha R1 custom painted by me. I applaud your efforts with abate as well!

69Charger
    Welcome here.
    Lots of good info on here.
    Lots of decisions to make and choices to consider.
    Live and learn. Learn and live.
    Dave

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Welcome on board. Good to have more bike riders. I was lucky/fortunate enought to get to ride with some guys from CVI to abate last year. Glad to see another group fighting for less government intrusion.

There is a gathering August 15th in SeaTac hope to see ya there. We also now have a Canadian thread so that our bretheren to the north have a place to discuss OC and gun rights.

Welcome to OCDO! I recommend that you get a copy of Dave Workman's Washington Gun Rights and Responsibilities, available at most gun shops and ranges. I also bumped the thread on the Willow Lake meet so the newcomers don't have to hunt for it. Hope to see you there!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Welcome!!

Welcome!

Great to have another activist join!
    Please come to the Willow Lake meet! You will be amazed at all of this group who lives the 2nd amendment everyday!

(And after listening to your testimony, get a video and audio recorder)
    Last edited by gogodawgs; 07-27-2010 at 12:45 PM.
    Live Free or Die!

Welcome!

Glad to have you aboard. My wife is also a resident alien with CPL, she is from Japan. The WA laws recently changed (last year), with pressure from FBI (if i recall correctly) who pressed that it was unconstitutional for them to run resident alien checks for CPL in the previous manner. Now WA state law treats resident alien CPL backgrounds the same as natural born and isssues the card the same too. We actually waited over a year for the change - a nice little step forward.

- I am between motorcycles, but have been riding for about 25 years too. -Maybe in the future i get another bike.

Bat.
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Regular Member Son_of_Perdition's Avatar

Talking Welcome

Thanks to all for the welcome. I may be a newbee, but am a quick learner. Picked up a copy of Workmans book and look forward to the read. Might stop by the Willow Lake get together to find out more from the people in the know.

Mr Breeze

Mr. Breeze glad to have you on board.Hey..I was born in France.Anyway as Gogodawgs said come to Willow Lake on the 15th..Big meet good food,prizes and good folk.You will learn alot.Especially if Gray and Dave Workman are there.I lived in Las Vegas for about 4 years myself.Over on Nellis up the street from Sams Town..

Smile

Hey..I was born in France.

So you are an alien, that explaines the hair.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Hey..I was born in France.

So you are an alien, that explaines the hair.
    Now you have something in common with the President!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Only said as a joke I am not a birther, although I don't discount the unproven beyond a reasonable doubt possibility.