• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Introduction

Mr Breeze

I was turned onto this forum by an OC advocate from LV.

I have recently discovered (today) that my CPL rights and the right to possess a firearm are intact in WA, which was in question due to my Resident Alien status. I could kick myself for drinking the propoganda 'kool-aid', and was under the belief for my consenting years, I did not have the right to protect myself because my birthplace was in Canada. (I have only lived in the US since 1968!!!)

As a way of introduction, I offer up this link and direct you to 1:01:20. http://tvw.org/media/mediaplayer.cfm?evid=2010020064&TYPE=V&CFID=13742&CFTOKEN=18629228&bhcp=1
(I hope this works)

I am very active in the motorcycle community, and am the current Legislative Affairs Officer for ABATE of Washington, and also can be found in Olympia fighting for citizen rights; meeting with legislators, and testifying at public hearings.

I have never owned a sidearm, however I soon will; and when I do, I plan on exercising the right to open carry as well as have a CPL.

I have a lot to learn about the 2A, and how it is applied in WA. I am sure that this forum will more that prepare me with the knowledge to defend the rights afforded all of us throught the US and WA constitutions.

Anyway, thats all I have for the time being. Thought the polite thing to do was introduce myself.

Mr. Breeze

1245A Defender

glad to have you in this forum

where in the hell is LV? ------ oh im thinkin ?? Las Vegas?
been here 42 years?
hell yes, youve got rights!
ive got a moto guzzi, rode with ABATE lotsa times
exercise those rights, get your CPL!!!!

Last edited:

Mr Breeze

You are right! It is a little place in Southern Nevada with a lot of lights!:lol:

I am heading to the PD tomorrow to start the process.

Last edited:

J_Douglass

Welcome!!!

Also a motorcycle rider. On my 6th bike a 2007 yamaha R1 custom painted by me. :D I applaud your efforts with abate as well!

69Charger

Welcome here. :)
Lots of good info on here.
Lots of decisions to make and choices to consider.
Live and learn. Learn and live.
Dave

sudden valley gunner

Welcome on board. Good to have more bike riders. I was lucky/fortunate enought to get to ride with some guys from CVI to abate last year. Glad to see another group fighting for less government intrusion.

There is a gathering August 15th in SeaTac hope to see ya there. We also now have a Canadian thread so that our bretheren to the north have a place to discuss OC and gun rights.

Ruby

Welcome to OCDO! I recommend that you get a copy of Dave Workman's Washington Gun Rights and Responsibilities, available at most gun shops and ranges. I also bumped the thread on the Willow Lake meet so the newcomers don't have to hunt for it. Hope to see you there!

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Welcome!

Great to have another activist join!
Please come to the Willow Lake meet! You will be amazed at all of this group who lives the 2nd amendment everyday!

(And after listening to your testimony, get a video and audio recorder)

Last edited:

Batousaii

Welcome!

Glad to have you aboard. My wife is also a resident alien with CPL, she is from Japan. The WA laws recently changed (last year), with pressure from FBI (if i recall correctly) who pressed that it was unconstitutional for them to run resident alien checks for CPL in the previous manner. Now WA state law treats resident alien CPL backgrounds the same as natural born and isssues the card the same too. We actually waited over a year for the change - a nice little step forward.

- I am between motorcycles, but have been riding for about 25 years too. -Maybe in the future i get another bike. :)

Bat.

Mr Breeze

Thanks to all for the welcome. I may be a newbee, but am a quick learner. Picked up a copy of Workmans book and look forward to the read. Might stop by the Willow Lake get together to find out more from the people in the know.

Mr Breeze

DEROS72

Mr. Breeze glad to have you on board.Hey..I was born in France.Anyway as Gogodawgs said come to Willow Lake on the 15th..Big meet good food,prizes and good folk.You will learn alot.Especially if Gray and Dave Workman are there.I lived in Las Vegas for about 4 years myself.Over on Nellis up the street from Sams Town..