• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Data from a open-records request of MPD May 1 2009 to June 1 2010

paul@paul-fisher.com

Can't you file a lawsuit with standing if you believe or fear you will be arrested if you don't obey the city law?

That sounds reasonable. I am not sure how that works. So far the municipalities I've worked with have been willing to fix it and I've been told by the Chief of Police that they won't enforce it. City Council of Elkhorn, for example, is supposed to have it mostly fixed next month.

AaronS

That sounds reasonable. I am not sure how that works. So far the municipalities I've worked with have been willing to fix it and I've been told by the Chief of Police that they won't enforce it. City Council of Elkhorn, for example, is supposed to have it mostly fixed next month.

I'll have to remember that if I ever get mostly arrested...

paul@paul-fisher.com

I'll have to remember that if I ever get mostly arrested...

LOL!

What I meant in this case is they removed the OC prohibition, however they didn't mirror the state laws when it comes to OC in a Class B establishment with owners permission and they allowed encased unloaded carry in city parks in the new ordinance but didn't take out the prohibition in another part of the code.

So.... depending on which part the LEO reads, you carrying a handgun unloaded and encased could get you a ticket (or not).

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Smells of a Conspiracy Against Rights to me.........

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode18/usc_sec_18_00000241----000-.html

Section 242 is often quoted on this forum.... but what about section 241?

§ 241. Conspiracy against rights

If two or more persons conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate any person in any State, Territory, Commonwealth, Possession, or District in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege secured to him by the Constitution or laws of the United States, or because of his having so exercised the same; or
If two or more persons go in disguise on the highway, or on the premises of another, with intent to prevent or hinder his free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege so secured—
They shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and if death results from the acts committed in violation of this section or if such acts include kidnapping or an attempt to kidnap, aggravated sexual abuse or an attempt to commit aggravated sexual abuse, or an attempt to kill, they shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, or both, or may be sentenced to death.

After seeing all the stuff you've been posting from the open records request, I think it's well on it's way.

AdamXD

I shall quote myself from the other data mining threat.

"Does anyone else smell a huge civil rights conspiracy?"

Maile P

I am Mr. Pipkins in response to some incorrect information!!

Another email subject: D.C w/armed-Open carry test case:

The police were unhappy with the Milwaukee DA decision NOT to charge someone with CCW when their shirt "partially" covered their handgun. Interesting read. Appears the Milwaukee DA was using good discretion.

You can read the email for yourself, but Meda-Care ambulance calls in a MWAG. Police respond, put the guy on the ground, arrested for CCW. DA decides not to charge. See below:
Hello I am Mr. Pipkins, I had just bought my firearm the summer of 2009, because robbers invaded my neighbors home in put guns to there heads stealing cash and valuables. I have never owed a gun before but I wanted to protect my wife and 3 kids. In so I went to the gun shop with the different guns there I just wanted something not big in not to small so I bought a 9mm smith in wesson( which I still have today) it cost 688.00 while I was there workers explained to me the open carry law, I thought I needed a permit to carry. He said no all you need is a holster. He said I can't get the holster that goes right under the arm because that would be considered concelled but I could get a basic hip holster. They told me how travel with it in the trunk unloaded ect. So after enternet research an calling the police no emergency line I finally started carrying it. Ppl would come up to me an ask hey can you carry your gun out like that, I would say yeah the law says I can. So after about a week of proudly carrying my firearm I get arrested. this I what really happened. I'm standing outside next to my car talking on my cellphone with my cusin he wanted me to go to a party, so I tell him I got to put my gun up I can't be going to a party with a gun on my hip (jokingly). My neighbor called emt because her boyfriend was having chest pains.( Please note my shirt was tucked in my pants on the side with the gun). So I'm on the phone in I see emt pull up they look at me I look at them, I tell my cusin the ambulance ppl looking at me crazy, then they turn there lights off in speed down the street the must have been going like 80mph. My cusin says he on his way to get me so we get off the phone. I walk in the house in before I can put my gun away I hear a officer at my door talking to my wife he say do you know someone with a stripped shirt with a firearm before she could answer I come to the door the officers eyes get big as he see the firearm on my hip. He yells get on the ground with his firearm drawn in so I do. I didn't resist why would I hadn't done anything wrong. In so the two officer cuff me. By this time my cusins are arriving at my house. The two officers talk to me ask where did I get it so I tell them. They where also givin my papers on the firearm. The younger officer compliments my firm arm he says it's nice, then he tells me he doesn't have a personal firearm. The officers look over my paperwork in say you should be free to go we just have to wait for are sargent to get here I say ok with some relief. 3min later he comes, he looks at me asked why do you have a gun I say to protect my family. I tell him why I got the gun he response was "Then move to a better area" when he said that I knew this wasn't going to go well, he them removes my gun from the holster in" says it's reports of a guy waving a gun around" I say " man that's a lie," he then takes the clip out then says why dont you have one in the Camber I tell him I have kids an I'm a new gun owner I wouldn't want it to misfire. In so he untucks my shirts over my holster in tell me this is how you had it, I tell the Sargent " I didn't buy a gun in a holster to hide it I bought it to show it" in so with my gun in his hand he cocks it a frew time( playing wit it) in says "well your going to jail". In so I went the to officers that responded took me to jail but they were cool on the way they where like if you were hiding it then how did emt see the gun I said exactly, why would I buy a holster if I'm going to hide it I'd just stick it in my pants. They said don't worry the case will probly get dismissed .in so I was booked in mugg shot finger printed as if i was a life long criminal,( i dont even have a record)The officer was tring to get me out the night, I think it was called like administrative leave, but it didnt happen, the case was dismissed in I was later released between 12 & 3pm. The next day. But didn't get my firearm back till October so it took about 3 or 4 months. I had to see a judge where she advised me not to wear it until the law was clear on open carry, in so I never wore it again I just go to the shooting range form time to time but that's about it. I am mr. Pipkins in thats what happened! So please before you want someone to get charged with a crime make sure they deserve it because I didn't, I have not broken any laws in dont plan on it. Thanks :cool:

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
Welcome!

Welcome and I hope you stick around. It's pretty hard to get the right information so don't take anything personally. Many of us have had run-ins with law enforcement too and understand how it is. With the amount of attempted LEO coverups and trumped up charges in the past year or two, your story is unfortunately not that surprising.

anmut

Hello I am Jermaile Pipkins, I had just bought my firearm the summer of 2009, because robbers invaded my neighbors home in put guns to there heads stealing cash and valuables. I have never owed a gun before but I wanted to protect my wife and 3 kids. In so I went to the gun shop with the different guns there I just wanted something not big in not to small so I bought a 9mm smith in wesson( which I still have today) it cost 688.00 while I was there workers explained to me the open carry law, I thought I needed a permit to carry. He said no all you need is a holster. He said I can't get the holster that goes right under the arm because that would be considered concelled but I could get a basic hip holster. They told me how travel with it in the trunk unloaded ect. So after enternet research an calling the police no emergency line I finally started carrying it. Ppl would come up to me an ask hey can you carry your gun out like that, I would say yeah the law says I can. So after about a week of proudly carrying my firearm I get arrested. this I what really happened. I'm standing outside next to my car talking on my cellphone with my cusin he wanted me to go to a party, so I tell him I got to put my gun up I can't be going to a party with a gun on my hip (jokingly). My neighbor called emt because her boyfriend was having chest pains.( Please note my shirt was tucked in my pants on the side with the gun). So I'm on the phone in I see emt pull up they look at me I look at them, I tell my cusin the ambulance ppl looking at me crazy, then they turn there lights off in speed down the street the must have been going like 80mph. My cusin says he on his way to get me so we get off the phone. I walk in the house in before I can put my gun away I hear a officer at my door talking to my wife he say do you know someone with a stripped shirt with a firearm before she could answer I come to the door the officers eyes get big as he see the firearm on my hip. He yells get on the ground with his firearm drawn in so I do. I didn't resist why would I hadn't done anything wrong. In so the two officer cuff me. By this time my cusins are arriving at my house. The two officers talk to me ask where did I get it so I tell them. They where also givin my papers on the firearm. The younger officer compliments my firm arm he says it's nice, then he tells me he doesn't have a personal firearm. The officers look over my paperwork in say you should be free to go we just have to wait for are sargent to get here I say ok with some relief. 3min later he comes, he looks at me asked why do you have a gun I say to protect my family. I tell him why I got the gun he response was "Then move to a better area" when he said that I knew this wasn't going to go well, he them removes my gun from the holster in" says it's reports of a guy waving a gun around" I say " man that's a lie," he then takes the clip out then says why dont you have one in the Camber I tell him I have kids an I'm a new gun owner I wouldn't want it to misfire. In so he untucks my shirts over my holster in tell me this is how you had it, I tell the Sargent " I didn't buy a gun in a holster to hide it I bought it to show it" in so with my gun in his hand he cocks it a frew time( playing wit it) in says "well your going to jail". In so I went the to officers that responded took me to jail but they were cool on the way they where like if you were hiding it then how did emt see the gun I said exactly, why would I buy a holster if I'm going to hide it I'd just stick it in my pants. They said don't worry the case will probly get dismissed .in so I was booked in mugg shot finger printed as if i was a life long criminal,( i dont even have a record)The officer was tring to get me out the night, I think it was called like administrative leave, but it didnt happen, the case was dismissed in I was later released between 12 & 3pm. The next day. But didn't get my firearm back till October so it took about 3 or 4 months. I had to see a judge where she advised me not to wear it until the law was clear on open carry, in so I never wore it again I just go to the shooting range form time to time but that's about it. I am mr. Pipkins in thats what happened! So please before you want someone to get charged with a crime make sure they deserve it because I didn't, I have not broken any laws in dont plan on it. Thanks :cool:

That is unbelievable. I encourage you to not only continue to open carry but to carry a recording device on you at all times. It seems as if MPD is up to their usual dirty little tricks.