• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why are you carrying that firearm?

MR Redenck

Carrying firearms adds additional weight to help built stong healthy muscle and increase cardio.
Its for people who dont want to run around with those goofy leg weights on.
Most people dont want to look like some kind of weird-O
And the most important reason, its funny when this happens>>>>>

simmons.jpg

thedrewcifur

because it's legal to do so...

because i have a right to protect my life...

because cops are too heavy...

because i can...

because i like taking time out of my day to educate people on ohio's firearms laws...

because a right not exercised is a right lost...

would you rather i carry my chow chow???

what? my gun makes is freaking you out? it doesn't bite...

(and one i use on the crowd that says gun kill)

*sets 1911 on table* "ok gun. kill." *nothing happens* " see guns don't kill, thugs kill"

Oramac

*sets 1911 on table* "ok gun. kill." *nothing happens* " see guns don't kill, thugs kill"

great. so you broke several rules of safe firearms handling to make a point that half those people might not have even understood? sorry, but thats not a good way to be a steward of our cause imo.

MyWifeSaidYes

Same idea, better application:

Simply turn your strong side toward the "Guns kill" person and say, "Really? Get 'em boy! Sic 'em! Kill! Go on, jump out of that holster and get 'em!"

Then turn, look down at your gun and say, "Good boooyyyy!" as you walk away.

Of course, that would be a really wierd scene if you were wearing in the small of your back...;)

lordmorpheus

I would look down at the gun still holstered and say, "Ready? Get 'em! Attack!" then shake my head in dismay and say that it must need more training.

RenkaiWulf

i get "why do you need to carry that gun" pretty often
my answer "i hope i never need it, but if i do i'll have it right here"

MyWifeSaidYes

Why are you wearing a gun?

Because I am a pacifist.

If you are a pacifist, why do you need a gun?

Because I am not a victim.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Person; "So you carry it for fun?"
Me: "Uh no, I don't think anybody carries a gun for fun". (except at the range for plinkin time.)

bumper sticker:
"I don't shoot to kill, I shoot to stay alive."

golddigger14s

Activist Member
"What are the chances you'll ever need it?"
"I don't know, what are the chances four large planes will be plowed into our country?"
Anniversary response.

rushcreek2

What are the CHANCES that I will need a weapon for defense ?

Is MY RIGHT to self-preservation subject to a winning lottery ticket number ?

The United States, Colorado, and Texas ( the GPS coordinates for my "domicile") ALL guarantee my right to bear arms in lawful defense of myself in case of confrontation.

Why WOULDN'T I carry that weapon ?

Last edited:

M-Taliesin

Actual Question from an Actual Citizen!

Howdy Folks!
One of our Colorado contingent wanted somebody to tag along with on his first urban OC experience, and I volunteered. We visited several places around town and eventually stopped at a supermarket. We spent awhile in the store finding everything I wanted to appropriate, then headed for the checkstand. While my OC amigo stood to my left, an elderly gentleman to my right asked:
"Are you boys detectives?"
"No sir," I replied with a broad grin, "We're LAC!"
"So what the heck is an LAC?" He asked.
"Law Abiding Citizens, Legally Armed Carriers, take your pick!" I rejoined.
"You're both carrying guns, so I figured you were cops."
"No sir, just law abiding citizens exercising our constitutional rights to self defense."
"You can do that?" He seemed surprised.
"You never know when a criminal will come along to threaten your life, right? I'm simply prepared to defend mine!"

The old man looked quite taken aback. But by then, we'd paid for our acquisitions and moved out.

I saw no gain in being snarky with the geezer before me, and he seemed genuinely surprised to learn that open carry is a legal right.
It wouldn't surprise me much to visit that same store at some point in the future and find him carrying!
That'd be something, eh?

Blessings,
M-Taliesin