• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why are you carrying that firearm?

Nevada carrier

This one happened to me once,

LEO: what is that you're carrying?
Me: Taurus PT1911
LEO: what made you choose to carry a Taurus?
Me: Because it does the same thing a Springfield, Kimber, Colt or Rock Island will, but this one is half the price, Warrantied forever and I don't have to wait 15 months to get it.

Nevada carrier

This one happened to me once,

LEO: what is that you're carrying?
Me: Taurus PT1911
LEO: what made you choose to carry a Taurus?
Me: Because it does the same thing a Springfield, Kimber, Colt or Rock Island will, but this one is half the price, Warrantied forever and I don't have to wait 15 months to get it.

Last edited:

clarkebar

Speaking of firearms...

I was in Idaho city on the side of the road with a couple other bikers taking a smoke break in front of the sheriff's office. I was having a lively conversation about why gun control laws suck with an older Sheriff's Deputy. During a lull in the conversation he said, "so, speaking of guns, whatcha got there?"

To which I responded, "Oh, it's a Colt .357 Python, blued, with the six inch barrel of course."

The Deputy got this kid in a candy store look on his face and asked "may I see it?"

:cool:

Last edited:

Jaxinc

Your car has an emergency brake, just in case something goes wrong, for that same reason I have a gun... just in case.

In all seriousness though, because I know it takes minutes for a cop to respond, even to a priority one call(unless nearby)(sidenote, usually 4+ minutes), and situations requiring a gun last seconds.

C

coolfrmn

What I find amazing (actually, what never ceases to amaze me) is this. We don't infringe upon others with comments like, "Why don't you carry a gun? You're out and about with your children and you are not armed. Are you nuts?"

Yet some have no compunction to ask us what are we doing carrying a firearm in public, or worse in their mind, around their children. Do I see a contradiction working here? Where do these people get off thinking they can assert their opinions and ire in our direction but if we were to turn the tables on them with similar comments, we'd be viewed as a little off our rocker.

The other thing that gets me (and this one really gets me), is the fact that some people are perfectly willing to chastise us about going armed to the point that we should accept our fate in the event an extreme encounter takes place. They would rather we sacrifice our lives on the alter of what they consider to be "civilized behavior", then to have us go armed and prepared for evil by having the tools we choose for our defense.

Perhaps they don't care about their lives or the lives of their "loved ones". I do. And I don't and won't suffer the acts of fools who are willing to trust their lives to chance.

Amen Brother!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this..

What these people fail & refuse to realise is that we as legally armed citizens seem to be the more civilized out of the bunch... How ironic!!:shocker:

Liberals live in their utopian bubble.:eek:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
Amen Brother!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks like this..

What these people fail & refuse to realise is that we as legally armed citizens seem to be the more civilized out of the bunch... How ironic!!:shocker:

Liberals live in their utopian bubble.:eek:

Trust me, you're not the only one who thinks like this. Most all of us on this website think in that vein.

Haz.

Pidgin English.

Givim may karim masket long usim kilim raskol bipo em triam kilim may. Austrelia ples nogut bikos masket, raifol, gan, no larim. Politisen na polisman gat gan's.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Yours: "Pidgin English.["

Yeah, right! It's not.

Yours: "Givim may karim masket long usim kilim raskol bipo em triam kilim may. Austrelia ples nogut bikos masket, raifol, gan, no larim. Politisen na polisman gat gan's."

Mine: Given that I may carry a long rifle to use killing rascles that try killing myself, Australia asks that I'm not entitled to ("nogut") a musket, rifle, gun, or even an alarm. The politicians, not the policemen, have the guns.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
Your car has an emergency brake, just in case something goes wrong, for that same reason I have a gun... just in case.

In all seriousness though, because I know it takes minutes for a cop to respond, even to a priority one call(unless nearby)(sidenote, usually 4+ minutes), and situations requiring a gun last seconds.

Lol, but it's "when seconds count, cops are just minutes away."

A recent conversation with Haz, however, revealed that a recent breakin in his area took hours for a response.

Haz.

Yours: "Pidgin English.["

Yeah, right! It's not.

Yours: "Givim may karim masket long usim kilim raskol bipo em triam kilim may. Austrelia ples nogut bikos masket, raifol, gan, no larim. Politisen na polisman gat gan's."

Mine: Given that I may carry a long rifle to use killing rascles that try killing myself, Australia asks that I'm not entitled to ("nogut") a musket, rifle, gun, or even an alarm. The politicians, not the policemen, have the guns.

As spoken in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and Torres Straight islanders.

MKEgal

As spoken in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea and Torres Straight islanders.

Yipe.
If someone were so foolish as to come visit that "gun free" land of yours, are there translation dictionaries available at Customs for when we run into discussions like that??

Actually, if I had the $ I'd love to rent a livaboard dive boat and spend a couple weeks along the Great Barrier Reef.

40s-and-wfan

I carry a gun because the Supreme Court ruled that Law Enforcement has no responsibility to protect me as an individual or my family. The responsibility of protecting me and my family falls upon my hopefully capable shoulders. I can't rely on someone else to do what I should be doing.
With where I live, if it's necessary to call Law Enforcement it could take up to 15-minutes for them to get here. That's an eternity when someone is attempting to force entry into my home. I also carry a gun when I'm out and about because, as a former Correctional Officer, I have made a lot of enemies that have been granted parole that live in this area. Also, I enjoy the security my family feels when they think of me carrying a handgun on our outings as their own personal Security Detail. They know that I will do my utmost to protect them!!

M

McX

why am i carrying this firearm? why do you have a fire extinguisher in your home? just in case.

Sc0tt

Becuase even if the cops show up dosnt mean there going to help. I was watching tru TV today and 3 cops shot 40 rounds and the Unarmed guy who was in the process hit 7 times. With that kind of shooting average I'll take my chances myself

C

coolfrmn

SouthernBoy,

Good post. Good attitude.

No mater who started the "heated debate", the OC'er will always be deamed the aggressor. We are all in a fight for respect. So if we keep our self-respect, and act like the legal level headed people we want them to think we are, we will win.

+1:cool:

C

coolfrmn

quote] "the encounter happened in the Mens room and the daughter was plenty old enough to take care of business on her own which means to me that he was afraid to let her go alone into the Ladies room. You know, they say hindsight is 20/20.................... "

Quick reply, "Why did you bring a girl into the mens room?" I'm as worried about my self preservation as you are about your daughters. Besides, its legal, what your doing is not.[/QUOTE]

+1

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Virtually all responses boil down to this simple format:

Ass Clown: "Why are you carrying that firearm?"

Human Being: "Because I am intelligent."