Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Really hate the new site

Really hate the new site

Dont like it, hard to navigate and some of the features of the old site are not available.

Banned
    Really like the new site. Easy to navigate and has features missing from the old site.

Really noncomittal on the new site...there, now we have all opinions covered.

Like it.

Everything good from the old site is here.

Other things are SOOOO much better than the old site; like searches.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

I will be glad to help if I can. What are the missing features?

John

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1 View Post
    Dont like it, hard to navigate and some of the features of the old site are not available.

I don't like the colors and the site lay out could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by administrator View Post
    I will be glad to help if I can. What are the missing features?

John
    One thing that is missing is spell check, that helps keeps the spell nazi's at bay. Also what happened to all the smileys? The selection seems pretty pitiful. The baby blue color scheme may appeal to some, but its a bit hard on the old eyes. It seems hard to find some things, the layout just seems "off".

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    One thing that is missing is spell check, that helps keeps the spell nazi's at bay. Also what happened to all the smileys? The selection seems pretty pitiful. The baby blue color scheme may appeal to some, but its a bit hard on the old eyes. It seems hard to find some things, the layout just seems "off".
    Spell check missing? If you're using Mozilla Firefox you can download Firefox 2 which will include this upgrade.
    http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

Smileys do seem to be from two different schools and color options is something that has been discussed/requested by a few others.

Overall, I think the new server is fantastic improvement. It does take some time to become familiar with it. Thanks John for all of your hard work and effort.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Spell check missing? If you're using Mozilla Firefox you can download Firefox 2 which will include this upgrade.

If anyone is still using a version of firefox that is pre-2, they need to get out more often. I just installed the newest version last night, and it's up to version 3.6.8...

I like the new format. It seems to load faster, and the search functions are more detailed and seem to work faster.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Founder's Club Member
    I have pretty much gotten used to the new forum. Since it is free to me, I can't really complain.

I cannot make multiple quotes work like the old forum--a quote within a quote. If someone knows how, I wouldn't object to a PM or post explaining.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I have pretty much gotten used to the new forum. Since it is free to me, I can't really complain.

I cannot make multiple quotes work like the old forum--a quote within a quote. If someone knows how, I wouldn't object to a PM or post explaining.
    Check the "+ button for each individual post. Cut the inner quote and paste it inside the outer quote.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eye95 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post

Check the "+ button for each individual post. Cut the inner quote and paste it inside the outer quote.
    For example.

For example. Originally Posted by eye95
    Originally Posted by Citizen

I still have to highlight the inner quote and click the quote icon to accomplish this.

And as you can see it did not work out quite right.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-27-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: add results comment
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Founder's Club Member
    For example.
    For example.
    Like this? (test)

Nope. Thanks for the hint. I'll try to get the hang of it.
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-27-2010 at 10:45 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    I still have to highlight the inner quote and click the quote icon to accomplish this.

And as you can see it did not work out quite right.
    For example.
    Well, given who is doing it, that's no surprise. (test)

Got it! Thanks Eye95!!
    Last edited by Citizen; 07-27-2010 at 10:51 PM.

Banned
    Cut, don't copy, the inner quote (with its opening and closing quote tags). Paste it immediately following the opening quote tag for the outer quote.
    Last edited by eye95; 07-27-2010 at 10:52 PM.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/2.0/releasenotes/

Smileys do seem to be from two different schools and color options is something that has been discussed/requested by a few others.

Overall, I think the new server is fantastic improvement. It does take some time to become familiar with it. Thanks John for all of your hard work and effort.
    Thats fine and dandy if you use firefox, I dont. I did however download a free spell check program. We'll see how it works.

Don't like the advertisements intruding.

Campaign Veteran
    Like the ease of navigation and the new features. The new "theme," i.e. color scheme and post box format, make it much harder for ME to actually read posts, though.
    Last edited by petrophase; 07-27-2010 at 11:38 PM.

Thumbs up

I like the new site, and I have been able to pull up the full advanced message editor with the smileys, icons, etc. All you have to do is edit your profile, and look for message editor.

As far as the message editor features, I would like to see the "strikethrough" feature. This feature is available on other vBulletin forums, including at Calguns.net. It would help when citing certain legislation where things are being repealed in gun laws.

Erik.

Thumbs up

Indeed, have a strike through feature would be very nice.

Wow. One would think John isn't doing **** for us.

Thanks for the new site.

It is awesome.
    I appreciate everything you guys are going.
    Last edited by simmonsjoe; 07-28-2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: To make it stronger and faster than before.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

I think its funny, someone doesn't like the site in its entirety and you feel you need to defend it somehow. I don't like some parts of the new site, you do and that's great. Isn't going to change how I feel. Perhaps in time I will get accustomed to the new features but until then I'm pretty sure I am entitled to my opinion.

Banned
    Really hate the new site

I think its funny, someone doesn't like the site in its entirety and you feel you need to defend it somehow. I don't like some parts of the new site, you do and that's great. Isn't going to change how I feel. Perhaps in time I will get accustomed to the new features but until then I'm pretty sure I am entitled to my opinion.
    Just thought these two posts needed to be juxtaposed.

Your point is?

One thing I do like is the IGNORE feature.
    Last edited by bigdaddy1; 07-29-2010 at 07:40 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast