• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Really hate the new site

bigdaddy1

I think its funny, someone doesn't like the site in its entirety and you feel you need to defend it somehow. I don't like some parts of the new site, you do and that's great. Isn't going to change how I feel. Perhaps in time I will get accustomed to the new features but until then I'm pretty sure I am entitled to my opinion.

eye95

Really hate the new site

Dont like it, hard to navigate and some of the features of the old site are not available.

I think its funny, someone doesn't like the site in its entirety and you feel you need to defend it somehow. I don't like some parts of the new site, you do and that's great. Isn't going to change how I feel. Perhaps in time I will get accustomed to the new features but until then I'm pretty sure I am entitled to my opinion.

Just thought these two posts needed to be juxtaposed.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The one thing that bothers me more than anything else is the first post has that stupid ad which makes the message box scroll in all directions and also covers up part of the text in the post.

I have never had the advertisement cover any of the text.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Originally Posted by darthmord
The one thing that bothers me more than anything else is the first post has that stupid ad which makes the message box scroll in all directions and also covers up part of the text in the post.

I have never had the advertisement cover any of the text.

Its driving me crazy too. If your pointer is all the way to the right near the slider, it doesnt happen. If your pointer is in the middle of the screen, it moves the ad and blocks the text. Its a real pain in the rear.

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
As far as the message editor features, I would like to see the "[STRIKE]strikethrough[/STRIKE]" feature. This feature is available on other vBulletin forums, including at Calguns.net. It would help when citing certain legislation where things are being repealed in gun laws.

Erik.

Ask and ye shall receive! :)

You now have a [strike]Strike[/strike] bb code.

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
If you use FireFox check out the FFvB extension. I loved using it on other forums when I used firefox but you couldn't pay me to use Firefox now. Chrome FTW

I am with Fozzy on this one!!! I used FF for years but it had gotten so bloated that it took FOREVER to load and close. Chrome FTW!

John

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
Its driving me crazy too. If your pointer is all the way to the right near the slider, it doesnt happen. If your pointer is in the middle of the screen, it moves the ad and blocks the text. Its a real pain in the rear.

That should NOT be happening. What browser and version are you using?

John

Big Boy

I'm ok with it. I'll follow OCDO where ever it goes. However, for being vBulletin (which I thought you said this site was going to, may be wrong) it is very sluggish. Just too much going on, not clean and practical.

I prefer the function of sites like these:
http://thehighroad.org/
http://invisionfree.com/forums/StockClassPaintball

watch this forum not even be based off vBulletin and everything I said be worthless.

Last edited: