• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Really hate the new site

stainless1911

Banned
I diddn't like it at first, but then again, since Obama, "change" has become a scary thing.

The only thing I don't like, is the ignore feature. Don't know how to explain it, but it doesn't seem right to me.

Oh, and sometimes when I go to the site from email, it will put me somewhere in the middle of the thread.

simmonsjoe

Strike feature is a good idea!

[STRIKE]testing[/STRIKE]

How about a highlight feature? I know we can change font color, but sometimes I just want to highlight part of a quote.
:banana:

Last edited:

SlackwareRobert

Well my 0.02 cents.....
My private mail folder is all doubled up, two of each complaint. I feel so abused.
Saved links want the admin password, and for some reason my root password won't work.
Need to fix the default notify option, guess I aught to brows my profile soon for options.
I can adapt, and with time adjust so I can go with it. (banana dance here when I figure out how)!

fozzy71

I assume your talking about google chrome? How it is?

I love it. It has a lot of decent themes and extensions now. The Application Shortcuts are really cool too. It basically creates a shortcut to a webpage that opens in a browser window with no menus. Full screen browsing of that site, treating it like an application. You can also drag tabs off to the sides for a new window.

Ask and ye shall receive! :)

You now have a [strike]Strike[/strike] bb code.

John

Spoiler tags and Sup/Sub Script would be cool too, but not as useful as strikethrough.

It is custom BB Code. Just put a (STRIKE) (use square brackets instead of parens) before the text and a closing tag (/STRIKE) at the end.

If you use 'noparse' tags it should nullify the code, so you can show an example of how to use the code:

[strike]Strike[/strike]

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
[STRIKE]testing[/STRIKE]
How about a highlight feature? I know we can change font color, but sometimes I just want to highlight part of a quote.
:banana:

[HIGHLIGHT]Like This?[/HIGHLIGHT]

The BB Code is (HIGHLIGHT)Like This?(/HIGHLIGHT) <- Replace parens with square brackets.

John

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
That should NOT be happening. What browser and version are you using?

John

I'm using IE. Something I also noticed is that when I preview a message, it will double up some words in the preview.

For ex: If I typed this sentence and wanted to preview it before I submitted it, I sometimes see -

If I typed this sentence and wanted wanted to preview it before I submitted it, I sometimes sometimes see -

Its very weird!

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
When it is time to upgrade, buy a large screen - problem solved.:D

Mine doesn't even show a scroll bar anymore.

I like my current monitor !

31BV9Q7SC7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

wrightme

ok, then what?
???? seriously?

If you use the "thread tools," select "unsubscribe."

If you use the "settings," click "view all subscriptions," click the checkbox next to the one or ones that you no longer want subscribed, and use the dropdown box to "delete subscription."

Or, just do not click on them.

More to the point, what is the end result you desire?

Also, check the FAQ, under the Settings - Subscriptions for more information.

Last edited: