• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW Classes After Jul 29..

exelci

will the CCW clases after Jul 29 stay the same? And another question. If by any chance you would be denied your CCW permit can you still CC after jul 29 ? i know its not a logical question because if you can legaly buy a gun then you should be able to get a CCW its just out of curiosity..

another thing maybe im just being stupid BOUT would it be a smart thing to maybe wear something like a red paper clip on our jeans pocket to identify our selves as CCrs or as a part of this forum or something? would that be really that stupid? to know who we are and what kind of knowledge we have regarding guns and gun laws, and to know who we can count on in a case of an emergency ? and hell we could even make friends that way.
excuse me if im being stupid its just a thought..

thanx in advance

Stay Safe.

Last edited:

azcdlfred

will the CCW clases after Jul 29 stay the same? And another question. If by any chance you would be denied your CCW permit can you still CC after jul 29 ?
The CCW permit has not gone away and you can still take a CCW class. The new law expands the training options for obtaining a CCW permit. You are no longer required to ONLY take the state approved training from state annointed training organizations.

The new law adds in language similar to Florida's CCW language. Any NRA pistol class should meet the requirements. The requirements are also met if you have an honorable discharge from the US military (or are currently active), or if you possess an existing permit from another state.

However, I strongly recommend waiting until AFTER the 29th and the get the information from the DPS web site: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/ .

We have learned that what is written in the law has a way of getting interpreted otherwise by DPS, so pay attention to what they post.

Regarding being denied a permit but carrying anyway - if you can't get permit, it's probably illegal for you to carry without one.

Fred

exelci

The CCW permit has not gone away and you can still take a CCW class. The new law expands the training options for obtaining a CCW permit. You are no longer required to ONLY take the state approved training from state annointed training organizations.

The new law adds in language similar to Florida's CCW language. Any NRA pistol class should meet the requirements. The requirements are also met if you have an honorable discharge from the US military (or are currently active), or if you possess an existing permit from another state.

However, I strongly recommend waiting until AFTER the 29th and the get the information from the DPS web site: http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Concealed_Weapons/ .

We have learned that what is written in the law has a way of getting interpreted otherwise by DPS, so pay attention to what they post.

Regarding being denied a permit but carrying anyway - if you can't get permit, it's probably illegal for you to carry without one.

Fred

thank you very much sir

Snakemathis

Paper Clips

In regards to your paper clips section of the post, I think that would be great. I quite often see other open carriers while out and about and would love to be able to identify another member of the site with a quick glance. Majority of the times that I notice another OCer, I will approach them and try to strike up a convo about OC, but it would be nice to know they are already well informed and just give em a wave as opposed to grabbing the attention of the entire population of the business.