• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC in LB Police Station

ryanburbridge

I have to go down to the Long Beach Police station to get a copy of an accident report. It got me thinking of the law about UOC into a police station. I feel more then safe inside a police Station so I will not be UOC today. I come to this site for information and did not see any other posts about this subject. Dose any one know the legality of UOC in a police station? Any PCs to quote? Once again I am NOT carring today. Just wanted to know the law. Let the crazys begin. lol

1245A Defender

HELL yes, YOU CAN UOC!

in the public area of the police station.
a forum member wrote a thread about doing just that.
he even said that the cops invited him into the off limits,
back room to visit some more, while he was OCing!

I POSTED THIS IN ERROR!!!
I AM WRONG!!!

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
in the public area of the police station.
a forum member wrote a thread about doing just that.
he even said that the cops invited him into the off limits,
back room to visit some more, while he was OCing!

Uhm. No you can't carry a firearm into a police station.

It is a public building as defined by the penal code.

171b (a) Any person who brings or possesses within any state or
local public building or at any meeting required to be open to the
public pursuant to Chapter 9 (commencing with Section 54950) of Part
1 of Division 2 of Title 5 of, or Article 9 (commencing with Section
11120) of Chapter 1 of Part 1 of Division 3 of Title 2 of, the
Government Code, any of the following is guilty of a public offense
punishable by imprisonment in a county jail for not more than one
year, or in the state prison:
(1) Any firearm.

(c) As used in this section, "state or local public building"
means a building that meets all of the following criteria:
(1) It is a building or part of a building owned or leased by the
state or local government, if state or local public employees are
regularly present for the purposes of performing their official
duties. A state or local public building includes, but is not limited
to, a building that contains a courtroom.

Gundude

I have to go down to the Long Beach Police station to get a copy of an accident report. It got me thinking of the law about UOC into a police station. I feel more then safe inside a police Station so I will not be UOC today. I come to this site for information and did not see any other posts about this subject. Dose any one know the legality of UOC in a police station? Any PCs to quote? Once again I am NOT carring today. Just wanted to know the law. Let the crazys begin. lol

It might be a short walk to your cell.

mjones

C3 already posted the relevant PC which is 171b

CCW license holders (PC 12050) are exempted.

wewd

Move to New Hampshire if you want to open carry into a police station. In NH, the only place off-limits by law is a courtroom. It is also totally legal to pack heat into the New Hampshire state house in Concord, though there is some procedural rule in effect now that the Democrats passed to keep guns out. It basically amounts to a dress code. All they can do is remove you if you walk in. Plenty of people CC in the state house and aren't bothered because there are no metal detectors anywhere.

[video=youtube;zrhmhxDd1S4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrhmhxDd1S4[/video]
[video=youtube;WlHzs82hMjs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlHzs82hMjs[/video]