• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gen 4 glock

damienrr

Well, I have decided against AK for my b-day present. Probably get gen 4 glock in 9mm. Anybody own one? If so give me heads up on pros and cons.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Well, I have decided against AK for my b-day present. Probably get gen 4 glock in 9mm. Anybody own one? If so give me heads up on pros and cons.
a block? why do you want a block? ok... after the trash pickup you and I are going to the gun shop! :) First thing we're going to do is field strip one of those foul little things...

boyscout399

Just picked up a Gen4 Glock 19 last week actually. Traded in my Gen3 Glock 19 for the Gen4. The Gen4 is a HUGE improvement in my opinion. The bigger magazine release is much easier to hit and the grip texture is awesome. In shooting I didn't see a huge reduction in recoil with the new dual spring guide rod, but it shot well.

I would recommend this gun to anyone. Mine was $619 with glock night sights from Kittery Trading Post.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Just picked up a Gen4 Glock 19 last week actually. Traded in my Gen3 Glock 19 for the Gen4. The Gen4 is a HUGE improvement in my opinion. The bigger magazine release is much easier to hit and the grip texture is awesome. In shooting I didn't see a huge reduction in recoil with the new dual spring guide rod, but it shot well.

I would recommend this gun to anyone. Mine was $619 with glock night sights from Kittery Trading Post.
My HK was $550.00 shipped to my door, well... my neighbors door who just happens to have an FFL! :)

VFORVENDETTA

www.budsgunshop.com $100 cheaper

damienrr

SIG 229.
or at least an XD - they out glock glocks IN EVERY WAY.

Already own 2 XDMs. Seems to me it would be difficult to out Glock a Glock. Something has to be said about gun makers competing with a Glock. Obviously Glock is the standard at which all new striker fired handguns model themselves after. Its track record speaks for itself. Every pistol has its downfalls, might as well purchase a gun I know will preform well. And has had 30 years of improvements done to it to work out the bugs. Certainly isnt the sexiest pistol on the market but it sure as hell is one of the best.

Last edited:

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
Already own 2 XDMs. Seems to me it would be difficult to out Glock a Glock. Something has to be said about gun makers competing with a Glock. Obviously Glock is the standard at which all new striker fired handguns model themselves after. Its track record speaks for itself. Every pistol has its downfalls, might as well purchase a gun I know will preform well. And has had 30 years of improvements done to it to work out the bugs. Certainly isnt the sexiest pistol on the market but it sure as hell is one of the best.
Well, it really ALL depends on what your looking for, features and such. Like I said before, lets go to a gun shop and I'll show you what I'm talking about. But they are a good firearm, there is no doubt about it. There are just certain things that I don't like about them... But of course I am INCREDIBLY picky and don't trust my life to anything but the absolute best/highest quality firearm. But I always love talking firearms and comparing them, I unlike most people never take offense and don't ever get mad when people don't agree with me :). I do disagree with you on saying that glocks are the standard because well, there are so many striker fired handguns out there today you can basically pick just about any handgun,for one feature or another and say that that is the standard to beat. The XD has it's little niche, glock has their little niche etc. It's all in what YOU want, what YOU feel comfortable with and what YOU enjoy shooting/trust! Was Glock the first widely accepted striker-fired handgun? You bet! Is it the best? debatable, just like anything else!

damienrr

Well, it really ALL depends on what your looking for, features and such. Like I said before, lets go to a gun shop and I'll show you what I'm talking about. But they are a good firearm, there is no doubt about it. There are just certain things that I don't like about them... But of course I am INCREDIBLY picky and don't trust my life to anything but the absolute best/highest quality firearm. But I always love talking firearms and comparing them, I unlike most people never take offense and don't ever get mad when people don't agree with me :). I do disagree with you on saying that glocks are the standard because well, there are so many striker fired handguns out there today you can basically pick just about any handgun,for one feature or another and say that that is the standard to beat. The XD has it's little niche, glock has their little niche etc. It's all in what YOU want, what YOU feel comfortable with and what YOU enjoy shooting/trust! Was Glock the first widely accepted striker-fired handgun? You bet! Is it the best? debatable, just like anything else!

I agree Shane all handguns have there pros & cons. Its like comparing anything from autos to boxes of cereal. It only matters how you feel about it. I would be willing to bet i could pick apart your idea of the best/highest quality handgun as could you mine. I think of Glock as I do an AK. Not the sleekest, smoothest, BEST firearm on the market today by no means but I would absolutely trust mine and your life with it. Glocks like AKs are hard to kill and HIGHLY reliable proven firearms. Like Mathews bows were the first to introduce solo cams, Glock was first in striker fired polymer handguns, there fore i would say both Mathews and Glock are the standard for which other companies base there designs on. Of course each company will try to improve on there design and very often succeed. Probably why you can see a little bit of Glock in all polymer framed handguns. Love them or hate them they deserve respect. Keep in mind Glock is no were near my favorite handgun, its just a gun that will definitely end up in my collection. I personally dont feel I would have much of a collection with out a Glock. Plus my pockets aren't as deep as yours Shane. lol.............

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
I agree Shane all handguns have there pros & cons. Its like comparing anything from autos to boxes of cereal. It only matters how you feel about it. I would be willing to bet i could pick apart your idea of the best/highest quality handgun as could you mine. I think of Glock as I do an AK. Not the sleekest, smoothest, BEST firearm on the market today by no means but I would absolutely trust mine and your life with it. Glocks like AKs are hard to kill and HIGHLY reliable proven firearms. Like Mathews bows were the first to introduce solo cams, Glock was first in striker fired polymer handguns, there fore i would say both Mathews and Glock are the standard for which other companies base there designs on. Of course each company will try to improve on there design and very often succeed. Probably why you can see a little bit of Glock in all polymer framed handguns. Love them or hate them they deserve respect. Keep in mind Glock is no were near my favorite handgun, its just a gun that will definitely end up in my collection. I personally dont feel I would have much of a collection with out a Glock. Plus my pockets aren't as deep as yours Shane. lol.............
haha, well considering that I'm $22,148.00 in debt after my first year of school I think that my pockets are the wrong way out! ;-). And yes, I am sure that any firearm could be picked apart but I really love my HK. Everything is beefy and rugged in it. I thought that glocks were made the same way up until i really took a close look at one after field stripping it. Once it was down to barebones I could see where they saved a little money here, a little money there. Will it affect the performance? doubtful until you put thousands upon thousands of rounds through it, but I like to think that my HK didn't have any corners cut even though I'm sure it has. haha, just think how I'm going to do once I'm in the military and I look at my weapon realizing that it was made by the lowest bidder oh... and so is my parachute... awesome! haha :)

damienrr

haha, well considering that I'm $22,148.00 in debt after my first year of school I think that my pockets are the wrong way out! ;-). And yes, I am sure that any firearm could be picked apart but I really love my HK. Everything is beefy and rugged in it. I thought that glocks were made the same way up until i really took a close look at one after field stripping it. Once it was down to barebones I could see where they saved a little money here, a little money there. Will it affect the performance? doubtful until you put thousands upon thousands of rounds through it, but I like to think that my HK didn't have any corners cut even though I'm sure it has. haha, just think how I'm going to do once I'm in the military and I look at my weapon realizing that it was made by the lowest bidder oh... and so is my parachute... awesome! haha :)

....and the aircraft....

ep0k

Well if you're planning on going PJ or CCT like you've mentioned in the past it's doubtful you'll have to get by with the Colt M4 / Beretta 9mm combo that us regular old grunts had to make do with.

Most of the Delta guys I got to work with carried whatever the hell they wanted.

Last edited: