Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark Newmans Stand on the 2A

Mark Newmans Stand on the 2A

I will sign concealed carry legislation if I'm elected Governor.

No candidate in this election has stated his support of concealed carry as strongly and clearly as I have. I am so disappointed that Governor Doyle has twice vetoed this important legislation - and I look forward to signing it into law.

Mark and Matt Neumann with Mark's first deer antlers I understand how important concealed carry is. That's why earlier in this campaign I crisscrossed the entire state with my son, Matt, meeting with supporters to talk with them about the importance of the 2nd Amendment and concealed carry.

You see, I'm a lifelong hunter. I shot my first buck when I was 13. In the past, the NRA has given me an A+ grade because of my strong support for the 2nd Amendment.

I support the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision in McDonald v. City of Chicago that affirmed our natural, God-given and constitutionally protected fundamental right to bear arms.

I stand for freedom and personal responsibility.

Here is a sample of the media coverage I received when I crisscrossed the state in support of concealed carry:

* Video: Neumann Pushes for Concealed Carry (WRN)
    * Video: Neumann Pushes Concealed Carry Law for Wisconsin (WBAY)
    * Article: Neumann Calls for Concealed Carry in Wisconsin (LaCrosse Tribune)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Link?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    I am a hunter, blah blah blah. What does hunting have to do with carrying a firearm for self defense?

Don't get me wrong, Walker gives us the same BS line. I could really care less if they are hunters. I could care less if they are NRA members. Nothing like telling us what we want to hear.

When they stand up and make a statement like DA Fox did then they will earn my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Gleason View Post
    I am a hunter, blah blah blah. What does hunting have to do with carrying a firearm for self defense?

Don't get me wrong, Walker gives us the same BS line. I could really care less if they are hunters. I could care less if they are NRA members. Nothing like telling us what we want to hear.

When they stand up and make a statement like DA Fox did then they will earn my vote.
    That's exactly right. Stand up and tell us what you really believe. What you'll really do.

Banned
    Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin, USA

Actions speak louder than words.

Actions speak much more loudly than words, especially alluring words like "nra" and "hunting", louder than ignorant words like "mee too!". Fox's actions spoke very loudly.

McX
    concealed carry, concealed carry. is that the only words he knows?!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    concealed carry, concealed carry. is that the only words he knows?!
    I gues neither of the Republican Candidates have actually read the new Republican Platform that supports Constitutional Carry. Obamacans or Republicrats?

I gues neither of the Republican Candidates have actually read the new Republican Platform that supports Constitutional Carry. Obamacans or Republicrats?
    Nor have I - link to plank available?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Nor have I - link to plank available?
    Try this: http://www.wisgop.org/site/c.rtJUJ4M...esolutions.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    I do NOT see direct reference to "Constitutional Carry." Would prefer to see it spelled out for all to see, rather than simply reference to the Constitution; the reference to which is going to be interpreted by each according to what they already think - it is too generic, to much like "I am a hunter."

You had my hopes up there for a moment.

Banned
    "CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people."

In as many words....Constitutional carry

ETA: Awaiting a reply from Mark Nuemann
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 07-28-2010 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    "CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people."

In as many words....Constitutional carry

ETA: Awaiting a reply from Mark Nuemann
    You interpret this to mean they support carry either CC or OC without a permit? I don't think so.

Banned
    You interpret this to mean they support carry either CC or OC without a permit? I don't think so.
    It says right there in Plain english,
    " WE THEREFORE OPPOSE ALL EFFORTS TO RESTRICT the ownership, manufacture, transfer, CARRY, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens."

Therefore they support Constitutional carry. Constitutional Carry is unrestricted carry, which means the decision is left up to the carrier as to whether they OCW or CCW with out a permit restriction.
    Last edited by J.Gleason; 07-28-2010 at 01:30 PM.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Who is Mark Newman?

Yeesh.

I think you guys are being too hard on Mr. Neumann. He is BY FAR the best candidate in the gubernatorial race, especially from a 2A perspective. I'm absolutely certain that if, by some miracle, a constitutional carry bill made it through the legislature, Mark Neumann would unreservedly sign it. Also, he is the only one of the three major candidates to have done something meaningful with his life outside of the public sphere. He is definitely getting my vote, provided he carries through 'til the end. Walker? Meh. I guess I'd vote for him if it allowed us to defeat Mr. I-got-my-ass-beaten-half-to-death-and-still-oppose-CCW/OC Tom Barrett. I urge all of you to support Mark Neumann. He would do the most for our cause of any of the three majors in the race.

Why do I get the impression that the two canidates think the 2nd amendment applies to duck hunting? Not one of them has said that they suport constitutional carry, I bet that is for a good reason, to afraid to scare the republican sheep.

links

Quote Originally Posted by johnny amish View Post
    Why do I get the impression that the two canidates think the 2nd amendment applies to duck hunting? Not one of them has said that they suport constitutional carry, I bet that is for a good reason, to afraid to scare the republican sheep.
    http://www.wrn.com/2010/06/neumann-p...ncealed-carry/

http://lacrossetribune.com/news/loca...cc4c03286.html

i did understand that Mark would sign the bill as passed by our reps. I am in communication with my reps in the greater madison area about the original bill and explained "WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR A RIGHT" to OC or CC or the RKBA as well.

The REAL focus should be on your elected represenatives. At least Mark is WILLING to sign the bill so focus on the lawmakers.

oh yes i am asking my reps to pass on to Sen. Decker or his members for a Castle Doctrine modeled after Ohio or Florida's
    Last edited by BerettaFS92Custom; 07-29-2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spelling of course

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BerettaFS92Custom View Post
    The REAL focus should be on your elected represenatives.

+ a quadzillion!!! (really, it's a number!!!)

I personally believe Walker or Neumann will sign whatever CC law comes to their desk, permitted, Constitutional. Barret would most likely veto any expansion of gun rights.

One sad truth is if this state gets Barret we can all watch more of our gun rights go down the drain. Thanks Beretta, you have the right idea, if we are not in constant contact with our law makers they will do as they wish, not as we wish.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    Try this document: http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/Th...ticalArena.pdf

This was written by a WCI member who was actually "in the room."

Quote Originally Posted by qball54208 View Post
    I will sign concealed carry legislation if I'm elected Governor.

No candidate in this election has stated his support of concealed carry as strongly and clearly as I have. I am so disappointed that Governor Doyle has twice vetoed this important legislation - and I look forward to signing it into law.

Mark and Matt Neumann with Mark's first deer antlers I understand how important concealed carry is. That's why earlier in this campaign I crisscrossed the entire state with my son, Matt, meeting with supporters to talk with them about the importance of the 2nd Amendment and concealed carry.

You see, I'm a lifelong hunter. I shot my first buck when I was 13. In the past, the NRA has given me an A+ grade because of my strong support for the 2nd Amendment.

I support the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision in McDonald v. City of Chicago that affirmed our natural, God-given and constitutionally protected fundamental right to bear arms.

I stand for freedom and personal responsibility.

Here is a sample of the media coverage I received when I crisscrossed the state in support of concealed carry:

* Video: Neumann Pushes for Concealed Carry (WRN)
    * Video: Neumann Pushes Concealed Carry Law for Wisconsin (WBAY)
    * Article: Neumann Calls for Concealed Carry in Wisconsin (LaCrosse Tribune)
    Same old party line blah blah - I'd love to hear that you will stand up for the 2nd like the Jackson County DA. Now that's a guy you can feel good voting for (for once)

Quote Originally Posted by KansasKraut View Post
    I think you guys are being too hard on Mr. Neumann. He is BY FAR the best candidate in the gubernatorial race, especially from a 2A perspective. I'm absolutely certain that if, by some miracle, a constitutional carry bill made it through the legislature, Mark Neumann would unreservedly sign it. Also, he is the only one of the three major candidates to have done something meaningful with his life outside of the public sphere. He is definitely getting my vote, provided he carries through 'til the end. Walker? Meh. I guess I'd vote for him if it allowed us to defeat Mr. I-got-my-ass-beaten-half-to-death-and-still-oppose-CCW/OC Tom Barrett. I urge all of you to support Mark Neumann. He would do the most for our cause of any of the three majors in the race.
    I have no doubt in my mind that not one of the regular good 'ol boys that come into office this november would sign a constitutional carry. More likely, they'd find a way to tax and regulate 2nd amendment liberty as usual. Not only that but they'd use/close the liberal media gun sale"loopholes" to seal the deal on a half-arsed compromise.

1/2 of a right does not a law make.

Founder's Club Member bnhcomputing's Avatar
    That is why we are the ones who need to "bring the discussion."

We need to STOP talking about a "concealed carry" bill and start talking "government bureaucracy."

Wisconsin has NEVER had a permit to carry system. We are in dire straights financially as a state. We cannot afford another bureaucratic system with more government employees. Keep the focus on smaller government.

We DON'T need any new gun laws, not a single solitary one. Let's REPEAL the crap we already have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bnhcomputing View Post
    That is why we are the ones who need to "bring the discussion."

We need to STOP talking about a "concealed carry" bill and start talking "government bureaucracy."

Wisconsin has NEVER had a permit to carry system. We are in dire straights financially as a state. We cannot afford another bureaucratic system with more government employees. Keep the focus on smaller government.

We DON'T need any new gun laws, not a single solitary one. Let's REPEAL the crap we already have.
    +10000000000000000

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. Wisconsin Carry, Inc. - Chairman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BerettaFS92Custom View Post

The REAL focus should be on your elected represenatives. At least Mark is WILLING to sign the bill so focus on the lawmakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    + a quadzillion!!! (really, it's a number!!!)

I personally believe Walker or Neumann will sign whatever CC law comes to their desk, permitted, Constitutional. Barret would most likely veto any expansion of gun rights.
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...andidate-Guide
    www.wisconsincarry.org Wisconsin Carry, Inc. is not affiliated with opencarry.org or these web forums. Questions about discussion forum policy or forum moderation should be directed to the owners of opencarry.org not Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast