• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Mark Newmans Stand on the 2A

anmut

I will sign concealed carry legislation if I'm elected Governor.

No candidate in this election has stated his support of concealed carry as strongly and clearly as I have. I am so disappointed that Governor Doyle has twice vetoed this important legislation - and I look forward to signing it into law.

Mark and Matt Neumann with Mark's first deer antlers I understand how important concealed carry is. That's why earlier in this campaign I crisscrossed the entire state with my son, Matt, meeting with supporters to talk with them about the importance of the 2nd Amendment and concealed carry.

You see, I'm a lifelong hunter. I shot my first buck when I was 13. In the past, the NRA has given me an A+ grade because of my strong support for the 2nd Amendment.

I support the recent U.S. Supreme Court decision in McDonald v. City of Chicago that affirmed our natural, God-given and constitutionally protected fundamental right to bear arms.

I stand for freedom and personal responsibility.

Here is a sample of the media coverage I received when I crisscrossed the state in support of concealed carry:

* Video: Neumann Pushes for Concealed Carry (WRN)
* Video: Neumann Pushes Concealed Carry Law for Wisconsin (WBAY)
* Article: Neumann Calls for Concealed Carry in Wisconsin (LaCrosse Tribune)

Same old party line blah blah - I'd love to hear that you will stand up for the 2nd like the Jackson County DA. Now that's a guy you can feel good voting for (for once)

anmut

I think you guys are being too hard on Mr. Neumann. He is BY FAR the best candidate in the gubernatorial race, especially from a 2A perspective. I'm absolutely certain that if, by some miracle, a constitutional carry bill made it through the legislature, Mark Neumann would unreservedly sign it. Also, he is the only one of the three major candidates to have done something meaningful with his life outside of the public sphere. He is definitely getting my vote, provided he carries through 'til the end. Walker? Meh. I guess I'd vote for him if it allowed us to defeat Mr. I-got-my-ass-beaten-half-to-death-and-still-oppose-CCW/OC Tom Barrett. I urge all of you to support Mark Neumann. He would do the most for our cause of any of the three majors in the race.

I have no doubt in my mind that not one of the regular good 'ol boys that come into office this november would sign a constitutional carry. More likely, they'd find a way to tax and regulate 2nd amendment liberty as usual. Not only that but they'd use/close the liberal media gun sale"loopholes" to seal the deal on a half-arsed compromise.

1/2 of a right does not a law make.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
That is why we are the ones who need to "bring the discussion."

We need to STOP talking about a "concealed carry" bill and start talking "government bureaucracy."

Wisconsin has NEVER had a permit to carry system. We are in dire straights financially as a state. We cannot afford another bureaucratic system with more government employees. Keep the focus on smaller government.

We DON'T need any new gun laws, not a single solitary one. Let's REPEAL the crap we already have.

J.Gleason

Banned
That is why we are the ones who need to "bring the discussion."

We need to STOP talking about a "concealed carry" bill and start talking "government bureaucracy."

Wisconsin has NEVER had a permit to carry system. We are in dire straights financially as a state. We cannot afford another bureaucratic system with more government employees. Keep the focus on smaller government.

We DON'T need any new gun laws, not a single solitary one. Let's REPEAL the crap we already have.

+10000000000000000

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
The REAL focus should be on your elected represenatives. At least Mark is WILLING to sign the bill so focus on the lawmakers.

+ a quadzillion!!! (really, it's a number!!!)

I personally believe Walker or Neumann will sign whatever CC law comes to their desk, permitted, Constitutional. Barret would most likely veto any expansion of gun rights.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...2010-Wisconsin-State-Election-Candidate-Guide

BerettaFS92Custom

barrett

One sad truth is if this state gets Barret we can all watch more of our gun rights go down the drain. Thanks Beretta, you have the right idea, if we are not in constant contact with our law makers they will do as they wish, not as we wish.

You are welcome. i really do write the senate and assy reps. neumann or walker will sign

if barrett wins i am moving FAR away from WI. that would be 4 more years of doyle and gun rights gone but you can
BET ON IT he will have ARMED bodyguards the (insert your best here) he is....

WIG19

Insuring that the Kommissar of Milwaukee isn't elected Governor, do not lose sight on the races in the state legislature, both bodies. Debate the "ideal" candidate all you want, but elect the one that will get you what you want. Do not let those around you be baffled by Barrett's BS of his support for a PPA, part of which (in his mind) would then make a misdemeanor into a felony. Sleep with that devil at your peril.

But vote. Non-voters are just an elitist by another name.

MKEgal

The Republican Party of Wisconsin ... oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry, or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens.

Wow. I might just vote Republican this time around.
I was considering Neumann anyway; definitely not Walker!

It's sad that deciding who to vote for means deciding which rights I am willing to give up, which I find more dear than others. Why can't we have a Libertarian candidate who will allow all rights and reduce government?

BerettaFS92Custom

It's sad that deciding who to vote for means deciding which rights I am willing to give up, which I find more dear than others. Why can't we have a Libertarian candidate who will allow all rights and reduce government?

MKEGal et all... I think Neumann unlike diamond jim has scruples. He has a platform to run on as they all do. The thing to remember is he is not as egotistical as doyle so there will be better decision making. Better to focus on local elections for Senate and Represenative... hmm does the name U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore (D-Milwaukee) ring a bell? if not here is a link back so you can decide on whom to vote for when the time comes... (if you are in her district) after all they do solemly Sswear/affirm to uphold the Constitution of The United States :)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Congresswoman-demands-tougher-gun-regulations.

J.Gleason

Banned

We can't get a Libertarian to win because the people of this state are so stuck in sheeple mode that they don't have the guts to stand up and vote for someone who is real. instead they just fall for the same ole song and dance that these Republicrats Or Obamicans tell us. Which is what they know we want to hear and we fall for it every time. That is why this state is in the shape that it is in. The better choice of the three evils is Nueman, I won't waste my time voting for the other two I will write in Nueman or preferably any Libertarian candidate.

paul@paul-fisher.com

The better choice of the three evils is Nueman, I won't waste my time voting for the other two I will write in Nueman or preferably any Libertarian candidate.

And that is where you and I differ. If Walker wins the Republican primary, you will write in Neuman which in effect is a vote for Barret. I will vote for the lesser of 2 evils and cast my vote for Walker.

In the primary, unless something earth shattering occurs, I plan on voting Neuman.

You can do what you want but in my opinion it doesn't help our cause.

johnny amish

For the first time in over a decade I am finding myself willing to vote for a republicrate. I am very hopeful to restore some of our gun rights in this state. For me a vote for Walker or Newman is the same, they both suck, both of them are willing to take rights away from someone, with that being said if we want to gain more gun rights in this state then we have to hope a republican gets elected. Lets hope voting for the lesser of the two evils dosen't give us the evil of the two lessers.

J.Gleason

Banned
And that is where you and I differ. If Walker wins the Republican primary, you will write in Neuman which in effect is a vote for Barret. I will vote for the lesser of 2 evils and cast my vote for Walker.

In the primary, unless something earth shattering occurs, I plan on voting Neuman.

You can do what you want but in my opinion it doesn't help our cause.

My being without a job doesn't help our cause either. All Walker talks about is cutting jobs and privatization.
Until he can stand up and make a promise to leave state employees alone I will not vote for Walker. I will vote for Neuman and he will do just as much for our cause as Walker will and maybe even more.
All Walker talks about is cutting spending. Well you can tell that to the family of that 15 year old who was killed at the parking garage. Maybe his family will understand how important it is to cut the spending and cut the jobs of those people who are suppose to inspect those parking garages. I am sure they will understand.
Walker is nothing more than a slick talker and the only reason he said he would sign a ccw bill is to get your votes. The fact is he voted against the last ccw bill. Why the change of heart? Because he knows that is what you want to hear.
I will take my chances with Neuman, hell I would take my chances with Barrett before I would with Walker. Why? Because the state senate will over ride his veto on the next ccw Bill that is why. Times they are a changing, you will see after election, the Governor of this state will not have the influence he once had that is for sure.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

My being without a job doesn't help our cause either. All Walker talks about is cutting jobs and privatization.
Until he can stand up and make a promise to leave state employees alone I will not vote for Walker.

I know this is getting off topic for this forum but I am unemployed at this time as well. I find it amazing that the state is hiring when it has such a huge deficit. I'm not just talking about entry level jobs but $75K+ jobs.

That is unsustainable.

I don't live in Milwaukee County but is it really Walkers fault for the infrastructure problems? If so, can we blame Barret got the sink hole and the basement backups?

BerettaFS92Custom

I don't live in Milwaukee County but is it really Walkers fault ....

Well he is the MANAGER of his county. It is his responsibility to balance things out. I as well will write Neumann in. I do not want either of the CLOWNS from Milwaukee running our state. To a point you are correct a write in cancels out both votes but if we all network and stick with the least crooked of the politicans then we win. other wise if no one grows a set and thinks outside the box there will only be two parties the democraps and the republikanz. thank you to all the media for the "unbiased" reporting on this election. I think we still need to be contacting our local represenatives and senators and if up for re-election find out the stance they take and please remember you can not please all aspects of the platform they run on.

GO MARK! !

Also a vote for Dave Westlake would be better than a big johnson or findingold again as well......

J.Gleason

Banned
I know this is getting off topic for this forum but I am unemployed at this time as well. I find it amazing that the state is hiring when it has such a huge deficit. I'm not just talking about entry level jobs but $75K+ jobs.

That is unsustainable.

I don't live in Milwaukee County but is it really Walkers fault for the infrastructure problems? If so, can we blame Barret got the sink hole and the basement backups?

I understand what you are saying Paul, but some of those state jobs that are bing filled are positions that have not been filled for a very long time. Those positions are then filled by employees working over time. That is what is costing the tax payers, the over time. If the state would just hire enough people to fill the available positions it would alleviate a lot of the over time and start saving the taxpayers money.

By the way if you are still looking for work the DOC is hiring.

Walker consistently talks about cutting jobs and privatizing. Even with the prisons. The privatized prisons of the south are a nightmare. The officers make maybe $8.00 per hour and that is what breeds corruption. They can make more money by bringing in drugs and contraband to the prisoners then they do from their jobs. Do we really want that here?
Walker is determined to cut as many jobs as possible. How does that help your situation? Or mine? Or anyone else's for that matter?

One thing Neuman hasn't done is talk about cutting jobs. He has talked about creating them.

Last edited:

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member

IMHO, the next best thing is to watch who the RLC (Republican Liberty Caucus) edorses. Looks like they are going for Neuman, and in that case I probably will as well.

http://www.rlc.org/about/chapters/wi/2010-wi/

Here is their statment of priciples. They are basically a Libertarian wing of the GOP.

http://www.rlc.org/about/statement-of-principles/

I'm going to post this in a new thread as I think it's important enough.