• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody OC in the Wisconsin Dells?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Looks like we are going to come off the hill again for another long weekend with the family. I was wondering what the climate in the Wisconsin Dells is concerning oc. Anything I should be aware of?

Yes, be aware that the majority of the main street downtown lies within overlapping school zones, even though the schools are not obvious from that street. If I remember correctly only the first block or two from the river was not included.

Also be aware of the fact that you'll be surrounded by many people who aren't used to seeing a fellow citizen freely exercising the RKBA-- In other words, people from the Chicago area.

Mlutz

Yes. :D

Starbucks is a good one. Lol. Wal-mart, kfc, Riverview park (Just the parking lot, "Automotion".) The "Mall" Tanger was ok with it, they didnt ask me to leave anyway (and the do not have signs.). Home Depot, Kohls, McDonalds, and I cant really think of anymore. Also, "the strip" is almost 100% covered, by a school I have NEVER heard of... So thats kinda out. Other than that, most of the "theme parks" must have a class b, Like mt. olympus, they have "beer carts." I would stay away (far away) from the "theme houses" such as "Top Secret" as they ALL SUCK!!! Lol. If you think of anything else, let me know. :D

protias

I carried last year there, but only a couple of places as the main strip with all the shops are surrounded by schools. I got a few looks, no police were called, and I was able to return home at night.

Mlutz

You definately cannot carry at Riverview park and Waterworld, as they serve beer on premises.

Well... I guess I didnt catch that, as they were not open for the season yet. With the thousands of people and hundreds of leo, there wasnt a problem at all... (Automotion is a pretty big show.)