• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. Picnic-Lansing area Sept. 11th with charity fund raising.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Official MOC, Inc Picnic and fund raiser.

FUN FUNF FUN for the whole family!

Where: Hawk Island Ingham County Park-1700 E. Cavanaugh--Lansing, MI
When: Saturday September 11th
Time: 1:00 PM until??

This will be an official MOC, Inc. picnic. In remembrance of 9/11 MOC will be collecting donations for the Fouty Foundation. This foundation is in the State of Michigan and helps Michigan veterans. For more info on this charity go here: http://www.foutyfoundation.com/

MOC representatives will be on hand to answer questions about open carry. Open Carry handouts will be available.

Please bring a dish to share along with your own beverages and table-ware, chairs and anything else to improve your comfort.

Hawk Island is a great park with modern facilities. Parking is free after Labor Day. Fishing, swimming, a play area and more are available. The location is just NW of I-96 and 1-496 off ramp.

Our hope is that being somewhat central (Lansing) to the southern part of the state we will get members and others from both sides of the state together so they can meet and get to know each other.

Park Home page: http://www.ingham.org/pk/HI/himain.htm
Map of Park: http://www.ingham.org/pk/Maps/HI%20Color%20Facilities%20Update.pdf
Bing Map: http://www.bing.com/maps/Default.aspx?encType=1&v=2&ss=ypid.YN434x204788795&style=r&mkt=en-us&FORM=LLDP

Please post here or PM me if you plan on attending and what you will bring.

Potential attendees:

Venator +2
lil_freak_66
ghostrider
LaVere +2
CarlottaValdez +1
dukenukum
toyamabarnard
autosurgeon

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

Ill of course be there!

ill bring a few 2-liters for sure,Try to bring some hot dogs,but dont count on me to bring the hotdogs,not sure how the money will be.

**EDIT**

Just got ahold of Gordy,founder of the Fouty Foundation,he says he will do his best to show up for this,along with Sarah and her son,the sister and nephew of Spc. Fouty.

Last edited:

lil_freak_66

Autosurgeon,if you want/need the number for the fouty foundation founder,i can get it to you,we know each other personally.

Just let me know.

Venator

One thing I'm thinking about is having people bring an item in good shape to be auctioned off with the money going to the charity. No gaming license necessary with an auction. Plus they are fun.

Box of shells, shooting equipment you don't use (holsters, etc.), or anything people may be interested in buying.

Also cash donations are welcome.

Maybe a Frisbee trowing competition with a entry fee and a prize given for 1st and 2nd place.

Any other ideas are welcome.

lil_freak_66

holding a seminar or just a picnic?

could do some sort of short small remembrance ceremony for 9/11,seeing as how it will be the 9th anniversary.

Venator

holding a seminar or just a picnic?

could do some sort of short small remembrance ceremony for 9/11,seeing as how it will be the 9th anniversary.
I think just a picnic. We can certainly say some words in rememberance. I will be there to answer any questions about OC and have some handouts.

I will have some 2A March shirts to sell at cost (around $10 ) a good deal. I have lots of 3Xl, 4XL and 5XL shirts left. So if you are of generous proportions like me it's a good time to get some large shirts and show your support of the 2A.

If I can or someone brings some MOC stuff to sell we can do that as well.

Venator

So far I don't see any interest in this event. If no one is interested in attending I will cancel it.

I will keep the post up for 2 more weeks unless we can get some interest in the event.

WARCHILD

Agreed.... why not make another "Events schedule" thread and have it stickied.
Prior to the "new" format, the stickies were fairly well organized. Some were lost during the move and didn't make the transition. Let's see if we can get it set up the way it was, after all it "did" seem to work.

JMO