• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Does anyone carry a PPS 43 pistol ?

kwikrnu

Banned
The ammo is cheap and the magazines hold 35 rounds.

PPS43CMAGS.jpg

I'm not affiliated, but they just got some in stock.

nova

just wanted to see how this thread goes

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. (red emphasis added by Citizen)

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/misc.php?do=showrules

Last edited:

VFORVENDETTA

(14) LONG GUN CARRY IS OFF-TOPIC: This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life. We do NOT promote the carry of long guns. Long guns are great! OCDO co-founders John & Mike and most of the members of this forum own at least one long gun - but due to urban area issues of muzzle control, lack of trigger guard coverage, and the fact that the long gun carry issue distracts from our main mission to promote the open carry of handguns in daily life, we will leave long gun carry activism in the capable hands of the future founders of web sites about long gun carry. (red emphasis added by Citizen)

It does not have a stock so it's a handgun.

flb_78

I believe Citizen was highlighting the "properly holstered" part of that statement.

Im not sure anyone makes a proper holster for that monstrosity. I would assume that if it's on a sling, that could qualify for properly holstered.

To the OP, no, I don't own one nor do I have any desire to own one.

flb_78

A pistol gripped shotgun is still classified as a shotgun because of the smooth bore. Anything smooth bore is classified as a shotgun.

Federal law requires that shotguns have a minimum length of 26" and a barrel length of 18".

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP Federal law requires that shotguns have a minimum length of 26" and a barrel length of 18".

Cite, please.

(5) CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
SNIP I believe Citizen was highlighting the "properly holstered" part of that statement.

No matter how one slices it, that thing does not fit the parameters of a properly holstered handgun that would align with OCDO's mission of normalizing handgun carry.

In this case, the pistol designation seems to have started with the original sub-machine gun manufacturer calling their SMG a pistol. And, BATF giving such designation to the latter day semi-auto remake.

Just because somebody did, or somebody could call it a pistol does not mean it fits OCDO's mission. Nor does the designation assigned by an anti-gun federal bureaucracy.

Last edited:

kwikrnu

Banned
No matter how one slices it, that thing does not fit the parameters of a properly holstered handgun that would align with OCDO's mission of normalizing handgun carry.

In this case, the pistol designation seems to have started with the original sub-machine gun manufacturer calling their SMG a pistol. And, BATF giving such designation to the latter day semi-auto remake.

Just because somebody did, or somebody could call it a pistol does not mean it fits OCDO's mission. Nor does the designation assigned by an anti-gun federal bureaucracy.

What is the OCDO definition of properly holstered?
If there is a clear definition of properly holstered, why couldn't this be properly holstered?

flb_78

Cite, please.

(5) CITE TO AUTHORITY: If you state a rule of law, it is incumbent upon you to try to cite, as best you can, to authority. Citing to authority, using links when available,is what makes OCDO so successful. An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc.

(6) The term "short-barreled shotgun" means a shotgun having one or more barrels less than eighteen inches in length and any weapon made from a shotgun (whether by alteration, modification, or otherwise) if such weapon as modified has an overall length of less than twenty-six inches.

http://www.nraila.org/federalfirearms.htm#GCA

More better?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
What is the OCDO definition of properly holstered?
If there is a clear definition of properly holstered, why couldn't this be properly holstered?

Nice try, Kwik.

The point isn't whether a firearm is properly holstered or not. The point is the total picture. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what a "properly holstered hangun" would mean in connection with OCDO's mission of normalizing handgun carry.

Only people with a prejudice of one sort or another have any need to argue the point, or parse the language, or find or create loopholes through which to admit their prejudice.

I supported you on the navy revolver and AK pistol situations based on your basic human right of self-defense. But, that does not mean I supported either of your situations from the viewpoint of your actions being in line with OCDO's mission. If you insist on making an a$$ out of yourself trying to argue for open carry of a replica SMG as being in line with OCDO's mission, I won't get in your way. In fact, I will probably help you by highlighting it for everybody. Its your call.

Last edited:

MSC 45ACP

Is kwik the same infamous "OCer" that walked down the street carrying a Navy Pistol because some archaic law in the town decreed the Navy Revolver to be the only pistol that could be legally carried and could only be carried "in hand" rather than holstered?

If "yes" is the answer to the above, this guy does far more harm to The Movement" than any anti ever could.

Carrying this "Submachinegun Look Alike" ANYWHERE in any recepticle is likely to get you a LOT of LE attention, but as we've already seen from his videos, he craves attention. Perhaps he wasn't breast-fed as a child. Maybe he was over-fed. For whatever reason, he seeks Professional Attention, Internet Fame and/or a payday.

Why?