• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!‏

me812

Well, tomorrow is the big day kiddies. At midnight tonight, Mountain Standard Time, SB 1108 takes effect in Arizona. This law legalizes the carrying of concealed weapons pretty much everywhere with no permit. Arizona is the first state in modern U.S. history with a large urban population to allow this. That's right! CCW with no permit becomes legal in the nation's fifth largest city (Phoenix) effective at midnight tonight, MST.

For some reason, this clip from Ghostbusters seems apropos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3ZOKDmorj0

Enjoy the clip. Those of you who live in Arizona will hopefully be enjoying unfettered Second Amendment freedom for many years to come, as well as your children and grandchildren.

Dreamer

There will surely be blood in the streets...

Just like in FL when they passed CC in 1987...

Just like when the Heller decision came down in DC in 2008...

Just like when they allowed CC in establishments that serve alcohol in VA in 2010...

Just like in over 30 states that have gone "Shall Issue" in the last 20 years...

Oh, wait, that's right... Violence has only gone up in any statistically significant numbers in places that DO NOT allow carrying a firearm for self defense...

Every time the anti's scream "blood in the streets", we should act like we agree, and calmly point to how the gun bans (outright, or procedural) in Chicago, NY, DC, and LA have kept their crime rates so low... And then just smirk, and say "NOT!" (like Borat...)

daddy4count

... don't worry though... I'm sure somebody in Obama's administration will find a reason to launch an attack on this AZ law as well...

Try this: say, "Obama Nation" out loud and tell me it doesn't sound distinctly like "abomination"

:/