• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SB 1070 and California's Gun Free School Zones

AZkopper

Since a federal judge ruled in AZ that our SB 1070 (Illegal Immigration Enforcement Law) infringed on the government's law, why doesn't someone in CA sue against your GFSZ law, saying it infringes on the federal law?

Either way, one of us wins. Either CA has to drop GFSZ, or AZ is allowed to proceed with 1070. Either way, the looser then can appeal, and probably win.

ryanburbridge

This shows only the right rules can be broken. Rules against guns OK. Rules against criminals who may vote for the left NOT OK.

I like this idea how do we start?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Since a federal judge ruled in AZ that our SB 1070 (Illegal Immigration Enforcement Law) infringed on the government's law, why doesn't someone in CA sue against your GFSZ law, saying it infringes on the federal law?

I thought it violated the established case law of the fourth amendment. Our case law in CA for carrying of firearms is nonexistent. We can't even get our "representatives" to believe that everybody has a right to bear arms outside of the home.

Wc

Either way, one of us wins. Either CA has to drop GFSZ, or AZ is allowed to proceed with 1070. Either way, the looser then can appeal, and probably win.

Last I read is waiting from the Montana Firearms Freedom Act case.

Reminder, your State is still have Federal GFSZ.

AZkopper

Nowhere in AZ is the GFSZ enforced. No local or state agency cares. AZ law says that any firearm on school property must be unloaded and kept out of sight in the car. AZ does not have its own GFSZ.

Since the Feds don't drive around making traffic stops or pedestrian stops, its a moot point here.

Last edited:

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
I think the best way to challenge CA PC 626.9 is to first overturn the federal GFSZ act. If you challenge the state act, the state judges will probably just say it is a "reasonable restriction" on the right to bear arms. I'd like to get a federal case (preferably from SCOTUS) to cram down these Cali judges throats.

Either way, it's gonna take a LOT of money, and since all the "right people" are CCW-first advocates, the GFSZ is low on their list. (CCW holders are exempt while CCing.)