• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Andy's Mart" Texaco on Battleground a staunch no firearms C-Store

farkles

I was driving on fumes the other day during my lunch break and pulled into the Texaco near the corner of Battleground/Lawndale. I almost was putting the nozzle in my car and I saw the "no firearms" sign. I decided to go inside and ask for the manager's phone number because I had a problem with one of their policies.

The lady at the cash register was really interested in which policy I was upset with. She was extremely confused when I told her it was the no guns allowed policy that upset me. She said "of course we don't allow guns in our stores, we would be crazy to allow that!". I proceeded to tell her that it bothered me because I am a licensed law abiding citizen (I would also like OC'ers to be able to carry there as well, but it helps to say this) and I am not the person who they need to be worried about carrying weapons in their store.

Blah blah blah she kept repeating the same stuff and laughing at me for thinking anyone but a LEO could ever be trusted carrying a gun. Anyways, I got the manager/owner's number which I give out at the bottom of the page for anyone else interested in contacting him.

The conversation went the same way with the owner and he said the reason he doesn't allow guns in the store is because there is so much crime in his store........ MORON, that is why we need it...and no, that is not actually what I said to him. I was very articulate and polite, but it would have been fun to say that. He didn't like my "well if you want to reduce crime, why don't you simply put up a 'no robberies or other crime' sign and take down the 'no guns' sign". He hung up on me after I told him that I would post this experience on this site to encourage every one of you to never buy gas or anything else there in the future.

Contact info below:

Andy's Mart
Serving Greensboro

2204 Battleground Ave
Greensboro, NC 27408 -6222

Work phone:(336) 282-1485
CELL phone: (336) 404-2914

Ratt402

Thanks for the info, I live very close by and I WILL NOT be taking any business there. I may go in and ask about his policy as if I didnt already know and then do the same as you did asking for manager's number, etc.

farkles

Thanks for the info, I live very close by and I WILL NOT be taking any business there. I may go in and ask about his policy as if I didnt already know and then do the same as you did asking for manager's number, etc.

Please do, it could possibly have an impact, although this gentleman Andy will likely remain a crazy the rest of his life. Perhaps some sense could be talked into him though.

Dreamer

Also, another thing to do is keep all your gas receipts for a couple months, and then send a copy of them, with the totals highlighted, and send them to the owner each month, to let him know how much business he is losing...

Anti's will rarely respond to logic or rational thought. But they DO respond to $$$$ signs...

Smith45acp

I was about to die of thirst leaving the rally last Saturday and I'm pretty sure this is the Texaco I stopped at. I hate it too because I pull in, park the bike, pull off my helmet, walk to the door anticipating the chug of gatorade when I see the sign on the door.

*sigh*

Recently I will simply state the fact that I will take my money elsewhere, as I have never talked a sign off a door but I consistently have raised my blood pressure to dangerous highs while engaging in these kind of talks.

sultan62

Yeah, the ones who have already taken the time to get a sign and put it on the door have made up their mind, no amount of logical debate will be likely to change that mind. I'm not saying don't try, but be prepared to be frustrated.