Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 52

Thread: Meet n Greet get together in Independence

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Independence, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    115

    Meet n Greet get together in Independence

    I think it's time we all get together again in Independence! I am available on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings...or anytime on a Saturday...say between 0800am and 4pm. Just let me know when and where.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    INDEPENDENCE, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by randyj View Post
    I think it's time we all get together again in Independence! I am available on Tuesday or Wednesday evenings...or anytime on a Saturday...say between 0800am and 4pm. Just let me know when and where.
    Great idea, see if we can set a time later on when its a little cooler and also check out a park we can go to. Can't think of any right off hand..pretty bad huh? and I live here. Some Sat would be a good day that way we can go a little earlier and have time to visit with everyone.

  3. #3
    Regular Member Big Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    STL, MO
    Posts
    443
    Pretty soon after the last one....I like it.

    I'm game. Hope I have my new FNP-45 by the time it rolls around.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buckner, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by BILL27GLOCK View Post
    Great idea, see if we can set a time later on when its a little cooler and also check out a park we can go to. Can't think of any right off hand..pretty bad huh? and I live here. Some Sat would be a good day that way we can go a little earlier and have time to visit with everyone.
    Come on Dad, lol. How about George Owens Nature Park? Its just off 23rd st. If u get on City of Indep. website u can look at what all they have at each park. This one has alot for the whole family looks like...
    Take a look everyone and see what u think.

    http://ci.independence.mo.us/parksandrec/parksmap.aspx

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    INDEPENDENCE, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by XD40Brandon View Post
    Come on Dad, lol. How about George Owens Nature Park? Its just off 23rd st. If u get on City of Indep. website u can look at what all they have at each park. This one has alot for the whole family looks like...
    Take a look everyone and see what u think.

    http://ci.independence.mo.us/parksandrec/parksmap.aspx
    Hey, that might work. Will have to check it out further, may have to have reservations? We'll find out. Good job Son.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5
    Independence city ordinance prohibits possession of firearms in city parks. Has there been discussion about these laws before? I'm curious to hear the opinions on the ordinance.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Big Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    STL, MO
    Posts
    443
    Hmm, interesting.


    I found this:

    ARTICLE 3. SAFE STREETS REGULATIONS
    SEC. 12.03.001
    C. It is unlawful for any person to possess any firearm or deadly weapon upon any school grounds,
    within any park, playground or public building or public facility within the corporate limits of the City of
    Independence unless such person is otherwise permitted by law to do so.


    I guess parks are a no go. I'd better look better into other cities laws on this as well. That'd be a bad screw up.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Hmm, interesting.


    I found this:

    ARTICLE 3. SAFE STREETS REGULATIONS
    SEC. 12.03.001
    C. It is unlawful for any person to possess any firearm or deadly weapon upon any school grounds,
    within any park, playground or public building or public facility within the corporate limits of the City of
    Independence unless such person is otherwise permitted by law to do so.


    I guess parks are a no go. I'd better look better into other cities laws on this as well. That'd be a bad screw up.
    There are only a few ordinances that cover open carry. They would be Safe Streets (the one you found in 12.03.001); and the following:

    SEC. 13.01.013. PARKS - FIREARMS - FIREWORKS.
    A. It shall be unlawful for any person in a park to:
    1. Possess firearms or other weapons, except as provided in Chapter 12 of this Code;


    SEC. 12.03.003. UNLAWFUL USE OF WEAPONS.
    A. A person commits the crime of unlawful use of weapons if he or she knowingly:
    5. Possesses or discharges a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated; or
    8. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any church or place where people have assembled for worship, or into any election precinct on any election day, or into any building owned or occupied by any agency of the Federal government, State government, or political subdivision thereof; or
    10. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.
    EXCEPT THAT:
    8 and 10 do not apply to LEO's, CCW holders, official duty military, civil process servers, probation/parole officers, judges, coroner, medical examiner, and wardens and detention officers.

    SEC. 12.03.004. FIREARMS IN CITY BUILDINGS.
    A. No person who has been issued a concealed carry endorsement by the Missouri Director of revenue under Section 571.094 RSMo. or who has been issued a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state, shall, by authority of that endorsement or permit, be allowed to carry a concealed firearm or to openly carry a firearm in any building or portion of a building or any park owned, leased or controlled by the City.

    B. Signs shall be posted at each entrance of a building entirely owned, leased or controlled by the City and at park entrances stating that entry while carrying firearms is prohibited. Where the City owns, leased or controls only a portion of a building, signs shall be posted at each entrance to that portion of a the building stating that carrying of firearms is prohibited.


    Obviously, standard state and federal statutes apply too.

  9. #9
    Regular Member Big Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    STL, MO
    Posts
    443
    Guess parks are a no go unless maybe we head to a neighboring city. Even then we need to be careful and see if we need a permit to gather there. Some laws are just retarded. Where should we meet?

    And where's all the interest we had last time? Speak up people.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buckner, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    19
    Still count myself and BILL27GLOCK. What about a county park like a Jacomo shelter house?

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Independence, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    115

    I'm ready...

    Quote Originally Posted by XD40Brandon View Post
    Still count myself and BILL27GLOCK. What about a county park like a Jacomo shelter house?
    I am still up for it...and looking forward to it. I thought folks wanted to wait a bit for this heat wave to snap though. But, I am ready to go..whereever and whenever.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Buckner, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    19
    Yeah I agree wait til its a little cooler! I dont enjoy just standing outside and sweating....

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    INDEPENDENCE, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Boy View Post
    Guess parks are a no go unless maybe we head to a neighboring city. Even then we need to be careful and see if we need a permit to gather there. Some laws are just retarded. Where should we meet?

    And where's all the interest we had last time? Speak up people.
    I;m still all about getting together...cooler weather of course, but I'm pretty much up for meeting anywhere that the laws don't get our hands slapped. Guess if worse comes to worse we could get together again at Krug park in St Joe. That was pretty decent I thought.

  14. #14
    Regular Member Big Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    STL, MO
    Posts
    443
    I'm all good with cooler weather. Crazy hot lately.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8
    New member here, first post and all that. I have a CCW and have had for as long as legal here and before that had one living in Texas however I have just stumbled across this whole OC subject while looking for something entirely different on the web. I am definitely interested in a M&G here in Independence and meeting others in this town to learn more as I venture into this new realm cautiously so as to avoid breaking any laws due to ignorance on the subject.

    Jim

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Independence, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    349
    Welcome Cavvet2. Were trying to get one together now just waiting for the weather to break.

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim40Cal View Post
    Welcome Cavvet2. Were trying to get one together now just waiting for the weather to break.
    Thx. I will keep an eye on this thread. I have a lot of questions to ask those knowledgeable about Independence OC and about experiences with IPD. I have carried CW for years without problem but many dealings with some of the officers on other unrelated issues has shown them to come across many times as arrogant towards the general populace. Not always but enough to make me wonder how they deal with OC.

    Thx again for the response...

  18. #18
    Regular Member Reverend BCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Saint Joseph, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    130
    You gents are ALWAYS welcome to come back up and join us few 'n proud in St. Joe again if all else falls through!

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Independence, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    115

    Hi Reverand...

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend BCal View Post
    You gents are ALWAYS welcome to come back up and join us few 'n proud in St. Joe again if all else falls through!
    Rest assured...we here in good ole "give em hell" Harry's hometown will have our next Meet N Greet here pretty quick! hahaha

    Of course our Brother's n Arms up in St. Joe are cordially invited to come on down and join us when we determine this heat wave has broken...but I'm anxious to meet everyone again soon!

  20. #20
    Regular Member Reverend BCal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Saint Joseph, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    130
    Let's make this happen, then! I'd love to catch up with you all again soon!
    "Before all else, be armed." -Nicolo Machiavelli

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kansas city, Kansas United States
    Posts
    334
    well instead of waiting for cooler weather. why not go to a resteraunt or somewhere indoors.

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    st.joseph, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    187

    Cool

    well a resturaunt sounds like a good ideal if you cant find a park to have one in,or we could have another oc bbq here like someone else suggested,either one is good for me.just let me know when and where and i will be there..

  23. #23
    Regular Member mobodyguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    kansas city, mo
    Posts
    149
    hey i would love to join in on this meet and greet group i have been trying to find some friend that love to open carry like i do but it seems as if ppl are crazy to do so

    so please contact me

  24. #24
    Regular Member GabrielSchultz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    kansas city missouri
    Posts
    22
    that would be great. i want to meet some others that OC in MO. but i can only do saturdays. if you think sat then make the time and date and ill be there

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by GabrielSchultz View Post
    that would be great. i want to meet some others that OC in MO. but i can only do saturdays. if you think sat then make the time and date and ill be there
    Most Saturdays suit me, too. Even most Sundays in the afternoon. And the weather is great now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •