• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC press Janesville

M

McX

double naught spy? i thought you were K.G.B. heh-heh.

added on edit; i'm on a list?! I thought the only list i was on was my wife's!

Last edited:

John Pierce

Administrator
Staff member
double naught spy? i thought you were K.G.B. heh-heh.

added on edit; i'm on a list?! I thought the only list i was on was my wife's!

LOL! That is a list that we are ALL on. :D

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I have a close friend who works for the Department of Justice in Washington, DC. He has warned me they stock pile membership list from different organizations. All in the name of public security. According to him, the law is on there side.

Depending on the people in power in Washington, DC. Your organization, can quickly get on the list of suspect organizations.

While I can only speak for Wisconsin Carry, not opencarry.org, our membership list is confidential and protected.

The law is on OUR side not the governments when it comes to the confidentiality of our memberlist.:

In the landmark case NAACP v. Alabama the United States Supreme Court held unanimously that membership lists are protected and that compelling organizations to provide them would violate the 14th amendment rights.

http://www.oyez.org/cases/1950-1959/1957/1957_91

I have read news reports that the government compiles lists of GROUPS that they want to keep an eye on, but they do not have access to membership lists of those groups.

Considering Wisconsin Carry filed a lawsuit against the State of Wisconsin I'm confident they are aware of our group. I don't know about the feds, but they may be aware of our group also. But with regard to our member database I can assure you there are only 3 people with access to Wisconsin Carry's memberlist and we are all well aware of the constitutionally protected nature of it. If they want our memberlist, they'll have to literally "pry it from our cold dead hands".

If our memberlist were ever subpoenaed we would go to court and fight the subpoena and the case-law would back us up.

jpm84092

An Amazing Fact About Some Democrats (liberals, et al)

While clicking a link that I thought might be interesting, it took me to the blog page for the "Blue Steel Democrats", a caucus of legislators (in Oregon I think) that met as Democrats to support 2nd Amendment causes.

I think that even liberal politicians are beginning to "get it" in some locations. It has been speculated by politics watchers that Al Gore lost the Ohio Union vote in 2000 based on his anti-gun pronouncements. We freedom loving men and women may finally be having an effect on politics.

Teamtnt2004

I have no ulterior (I believe that is the word you were looking for) motives and I will gladly answer any questions any member may have.

1) Who do we share membership info with?

ANSWER: No one.

2) Who do I work for?

ANSWER: I am a software developer in real life who is also attending law school at Hamline University in St Paul MN.

3) What are my true beliefs?

ANSWER: I believe in guns, my family, boobies, small government, boobies, lower taxes and boobies. :)

4) Is OpenCarry.org monitored by law enforcement?

ANSWER: Who knows? I suspect that they do visit the site from time to time, especially if we have an event coming up in their jurisdiction.

I hate to see you leave, but it sounds like you have made up your mind that I am some double-naught spy so I guess you won't reconsider. :lol:

Later.

John Pierce

+7 to answer # 3.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
How the heck did we all get on McX's wife's list? This could get awkward... LOL

I, along with the bunch that "took over" his shop for his first "customer appreciation" day (last September) got on his wifes list THAT DAY. It was supposed to wind up about 2:00PM, and we didn't leave until 6:00PM or so, so I know how I, and about two-dozen others ended up on her list.

jpm84092

Thank You Jeff & John Niles

The liberty abusing keyboard commandos who are telling us that we all have power issue problems may not like it, but I can't think of a better way to promote Open Carry in Wisconsin than that vitriolic tirade that went on (and continues) on the Gazette website. Obviously, we do not want the liberal anti-gun types in our ranks (unless they have a "come to Jesus" experience and see the light), but some first time posters got enough looks at links to the website (I mistyped it in one of my posts - my bad!) that some other Citizens who are concerned about protecting themselves and their families may be joining our ranks soon. There is a marketing philosophy that holds that "there is no such thing as bad publicity - especially when it is free". (I hope the Moderator(s) will post new membership since Sunday and keep us updated.)

In the end, Open Carry is really all about the right to choose between open and concealed carry as circumstances and good judgment dictate. Since the sheeple are afraid of weapons, concealed carry is really the best way in some circumstances. And, after all, it is our Civil Right to do so. Let our goals be the Civil Right to choose to Open Carry or Concealed Carry as circumstances and good judgment dictate. Another goal is to get WI to adopt the Castle Doctrine so that instead of just keeping and bearing arms to protect ourselves and family, we can add our home to that list.

In my new State, Open Carry is allowed for non-permit holders if the weapon is "legally unloaded ". Legally unloaded means that two actions are required to fire the weapon. Thus a single action pistol is legally unloaded. A Model 1911 with one in the pipe that is cocked and locked is legally unloaded. CFP permit holders can carry Condition 1 (one action to fire the weapon). But, I digress.

Jeff and John Niles "took one on the chin" from those who believe the Police can protect them and do not realize that they are absolutely wrong. So, let me be the first to say THANK YOU Jeff and John Niles. You have suffered verbal abuse, name calling, judgment from those who have never met you, and slander; and you have endured it as Gentlemen and Patriots. I tip my hat to both of you.

Once again, you can take the boy out of Wisconsin, but you can't take Wisconsin out of the boy. GO PACKERS !

paul@paul-fisher.com

I've been trying to deflect some of the vitriol but for some reason they keep mentioning the Niles at the ice cream shop. I might just start OC'ing in Janesville for the heck of it. I don't usually go there much.

M

McX

I, along with the bunch that "took over" his shop for his first "customer appreciation" day (last September) got on his wifes list THAT DAY. It was supposed to wind up about 2:00PM, and we didn't leave until 6:00PM or so, so I know how I, and about two-dozen others ended up on her list.

now just a damn minute. you guys told me on that day you were with the dept. of justice, and there to just the lifts. har-har, i've been waiting 10 years to use that one. anyway, it was an honor to host the event, it was an honor to help springfield, it was an honor to serve.
you'd guys would be surprised, my government, my wife, is a pretty good ol girl, she never says anything about my envolvement in open carry, or my passion about it, she just a moderate, but she tolerates guns laying all over the house, gun buying, out of state permits, and the envolvement of the kids. maybe she sees how important it realy is, may she knows. that's why i love her so, that's why i got 30 years in with this one, and she's the only one.

M

McX

* disclaimer; for you fanantic cops, and anit's out there; yeah we got guns lying around our house. they are just machines. i run you down with my car, your dead, i stick a screw driver in your head your dead. almost any machine can kill. to me, to us, they are just machines. machines to be respected, machines to be handled with caution, just as you routinely handle dangerous machines in your daily lives. common sense does prevail; bolts are pulled, ammo isolated. they are used to teach good manners, good citizenship, good behavior, good grades. they are a priveledge, that if handled responsibly come with no real restrictions. the right of ownership, the pride of ownership, the responsibility of ownership is not restricted in our house. ascention to the age of majority brings out of state permits, issued firearms, and a greater ability to protect ones self, our home, and our family. i challenge any of you to fault my thinking. we are law abiding citizens here, with all the rights and priveledges that come with it.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
(I hope the Moderator(s) will post new membership since Sunday and keep us updated.)

I can't speak for this web forum because its not Wisconsin Carry's but because of the article in Janesville we've had at least 6 members from that area join Wisconsin Carry who read the article. Thats just the ones that registered online, anyone who mailed in a membership I haven't checked the P.O. Box since Friday.

There is a marketing philosophy that holds that "there is no such thing as bad publicity - especially when it is free".

I agree. I've often shared that with regard to any press on OC or carry in general, the anti's were already anti, they are still anti, nothing will change there.

The pro-gun, pro-rights will continue to be pro rights and pro gun. They already "get it".

Those on the fence may sway a little one way or the other depending on the spin/slant of the article but EVERYONE will be more aware of the reality of lawful carry by law-abiding citizens.

In my opinion, the more vitriol the left spews after any given press article/news story is directly proportionate to how worried they are that the article was effective and likely to move people to embrace gun rights.

If the article made open-carry and carry rights look fringe and unacceptable, they wouldn't feel so compelled to vent against it.

I think the article was crushing to anti-gun folks in Janesville. Just the knowledge it passed along that law-abiding people would recognize a right they may not have been aware of. Bound to draw the full venom of anti-rights anti-freedom people.

Wisconsin Carry Inc.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Thank you Janesville Gazette

I checked, and Wisconsin Carry, Inc. has gained almost a dozen members on-line within the last week, almost all from South central Wisconsin.

Last edited: