• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Fair

usmcbess

The Washington Fair is coming up I have done some preliminary searching for OC info. As far as I could find Washington allows open carry and there parks are not off limits.
It is 6 days until the fair I am asking for everyones help in determining if it is a GO or a NO GO OC wise. Ted Nuggent will be performing and this may work in our favor if one of us can get in contact with him or his people.
Please help only 6 days!

sohighlyunlikely

Ted

The Washington Fair is coming up I have done some preliminary searching for OC info. As far as I could find Washington allows open carry and there parks are not off limits.
It is 6 days until the fair I am asking for everyones help in determining if it is a GO or a NO GO OC wise. Ted Nuggent will be performing and this may work in our favor if one of us can get in contact with him or his people.
Please help only 6 days!

I can see your desire to capitalize on this opportunity. If by some luck you were able to get in contact with Ted's people and they wanted to put a good light on OC then I would say yes. Other wise I would be apposed to fairgrounds Open Carry just due to the possible compactness of the crowd, but that is just based on my personal opinion.

Doc

cash50

I agree with what Doc is saying, fairs can get a little crazy with all those people...but Ted Nugent would probably love to see some armed citizens in the crowd.

peterarthur

Ted's rifles

I can see your desire to capitalize on this opportunity. If by some luck you were able to get in contact with Ted's people and they wanted to put a good light on OC then I would say yes. Other wise I would be apposed to fairgrounds Open Carry just due to the possible compactness of the crowd, but that is just based on my personal opinion.

Doc

I would love to go and show Ted some pictures of his newest hunting rifle that I took at one of my customer's in North KC :D I fix the computers of the guys that make Ted's rifles :) WOOT!

Attachments

• IMG_0661.jpg
    IMG_0661.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_0662.jpg
    IMG_0662.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 80

opencarryinmo

wht doc said

i concur with doc so highly unlikely, as much as i support oc i would advice not at a fair grounds there are just too many families and children around those places

peterarthur

i concur with doc so highly unlikely, as much as i support oc i would advice not at a fair grounds there are just too many families and children around those places

Why is there always concern about carrying around children? My kids don't even notice much anymore as I carry all day. If we all carried to public events (where legal) people would become so used to it that they would hardly notice it. It sounds like a great idea :)

sohighlyunlikely

Why I say

Why is there always concern about carrying around children? My kids don't even notice much anymore as I carry all day. If we all carried to public events (where legal) people would become so used to it that they would hardly notice it. It sounds like a great idea :)

Now this is just my personal opinion.

The public opinion of the gun as the villain did not transpire overnight. It took decades of emotional pandering handed down by those in the media for ratings and politicians for votes. People who have bought in to the brain washing will have to be re-acquaint with firearms. And I feel this has to be done in a somewhat conservative manner with each step making progress in reclaiming ground in acceptance and in people gaining an understanding in what freedoms are and why they are so important. Especial now when we stand on the threshold of big government handing down decisions that are not of the people.
That is why I feel Open Carry in places with a possibly large crowd of people in close confines may be just a bit to forward in where we are right now. You can take my words for what they are worth and I do tend to error on the side of caution from time to time.

One Mans Opinion
Doc

peterarthur

Now this is just my personal opinion.

The public opinion of the gun as the villain did not transpire overnight. It took decades of emotional pandering handed down by those in the media for ratings and politicians for votes. People who have bought in to the brain washing will have to be re-acquaint with firearms. And I feel this has to be done in a somewhat conservative manner with each step making progress in reclaiming ground in acceptance and in people gaining an understanding in what freedoms are and why they are so important. Especial now when we stand on the threshold of big government handing down decisions that are not of the people.
That is why I feel Open Carry in places with a possibly large crowd of people in close confines may be just a bit to forward in where we are right now. You can take my words for what they are worth and I do tend to error on the side of caution from time to time.

One Mans Opinion
Doc

Nothing wrong with caution. OCing is not living with caution though, it is about exercising our rights, even though there is much resistance. I might agree, however, that a huge crowd of OC advocates at one time might be pushing too hard. I wear ALL THE TIME , everywhere that it is legal to make MYSELF more comfortable with it (I am in my cubicle unarmed and feeling naked) and all of the people I see every day don't even seem to notice. It is my NORMAL dress :)

But again, perhaps a mass descent of OCers at a public event might be too much for the local PD... I tend to push the limits a little more than some personally... I have OC'd my rifle in my front yard before but never off the property... yet :)

Anyway, we all need to take the steps we feel are appropriate. We are, after all, sovereign citizens!