Thread: BulletProof Vest...

Thumbs up BulletProof Vest...

Hello Everyone,

I have a question i was surfing the internet to find out to see if it's Legal to wear a bulletproof vest in florida. I have the Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership book by Jon H.Gutmacher, but not to much is said on that topic. Any info and links would be appreciated..

Thanks,
    2nd Amendment, The Right Of The People to Keep And Bear Arms..

The only restriction is that you can't be in possession of a bulletproof vest while committing certain crimes, usually those that are considered forcible felonies. if you do, its a felony 3. the statute is FL 775.0846

775.0846 Possession of bulletproof vest while committing certain offenses.--

(1) As used in this section, the term "bulletproof vest" means a bullet-resistant soft body armor providing, as a minimum standard, the level of protection known as "threat level I," which shall mean at least seven layers of bullet-resistant material providing protection from three shots of 158-grain lead ammunition fired from a .38 caliber handgun at a velocity of 850 feet per second.

(2) No person may possess a bulletproof vest while, acting alone or with one or more other persons, he or she commits or attempts to commit any murder, sexual battery, robbery, burglary, arson, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, kidnapping, escape, breaking and entering with intent to commit a felony, criminal gang-related offense under chapter 874, controlled substance offense under chapter 893, or aircraft piracy and such possession is in the course of and in furtherance of any such crime.

(3) Any person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Thanks for the information..

There is no such thing as a "bullet proof" vest.

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    There is no such thing as a "bullet proof" vest.

Yeah. Haven't you seen reports of the FN 5.7 by the mainstream media that say they can shoot through tanks?

BTW: "Body armor" is pretty much the standard nomenclature.

"Bullet proof vest" is something you wear while using a pay phone outside a discotheque.....Ya' dig?

So hard body armor is OK? It is a good start, and helps make the six pack abs stand out better over my spare tire. I always thought the soft stuff was for arrows, and knives, not bullets.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Ballistic or bullet resistant vest - soft body armor - generally provides little to no protection against stab or thrust attacks with an edged weapon.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    Yeah. Haven't you seen reports of the FN 5.7 by the mainstream media that say they can shoot through tanks?

BTW: "Body armor" is pretty much the standard nomenclature.

"Bullet proof vest" is something you wear while using a pay phone outside a discotheque.....Ya' dig?
    I think that pales in comparison to the Desert Eagle that can blow a hole the size of a Mack Truck in objects that are much smaller than a Mack Truck. Gotta love Propagandist Government Employees with a Camera in their face...

I just built a 4-wheel drive unicycle. Wanna drive it to France? Bridge for sale, cheap! It's not bullet-proof....

Quote Originally Posted by ixtow View Post
    I think that pales in comparison to the Desert Eagle that can blow a hole the size of a Mack Truck in objects that are much smaller than a Mack Truck. Gotta love Propagandist Government Employees with a Camera in their face...

I just built a 4-wheel drive unicycle. Wanna drive it to France? Bridge for sale, cheap! It's not bullet-proof....
    My Desert Eagle micro can blow a hole in a toy Mack truck!