• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BulletProof Vest...

esavinon51

Hello Everyone,

I have a question i was surfing the internet to find out to see if it's Legal to wear a bulletproof vest in florida. I have the Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership book by Jon H.Gutmacher, but not to much is said on that topic. Any info and links would be appreciated..

Thanks,
2nd Amendment, The Right Of The People to Keep And Bear Arms..

Hotshot718

The only restriction is that you can't be in possession of a bulletproof vest while committing certain crimes, usually those that are considered forcible felonies. if you do, its a felony 3. the statute is FL 775.0846

775.0846 Possession of bulletproof vest while committing certain offenses.--

(1) As used in this section, the term "bulletproof vest" means a bullet-resistant soft body armor providing, as a minimum standard, the level of protection known as "threat level I," which shall mean at least seven layers of bullet-resistant material providing protection from three shots of 158-grain lead ammunition fired from a .38 caliber handgun at a velocity of 850 feet per second.

(2) No person may possess a bulletproof vest while, acting alone or with one or more other persons, he or she commits or attempts to commit any murder, sexual battery, robbery, burglary, arson, aggravated assault, aggravated battery, kidnapping, escape, breaking and entering with intent to commit a felony, criminal gang-related offense under chapter 874, controlled substance offense under chapter 893, or aircraft piracy and such possession is in the course of and in furtherance of any such crime.

(3) Any person who violates this section commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Superlite27

There is no such thing as a "bullet proof" vest.

Yeah. Haven't you seen reports of the FN 5.7 by the mainstream media that say they can shoot through tanks?

BTW: "Body armor" is pretty much the standard nomenclature.

"Bullet proof vest" is something you wear while using a pay phone outside a discotheque.....Ya' dig?

SlackwareRobert

So hard body armor is OK? It is a good start, and helps make the six pack abs stand out better over my spare tire. I always thought the soft stuff was for arrows, and knives, not bullets.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Ballistic or bullet resistant vest - soft body armor - generally provides little to no protection against stab or thrust attacks with an edged weapon.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Yeah. Haven't you seen reports of the FN 5.7 by the mainstream media that say they can shoot through tanks?

BTW: "Body armor" is pretty much the standard nomenclature.

"Bullet proof vest" is something you wear while using a pay phone outside a discotheque.....Ya' dig?

I think that pales in comparison to the Desert Eagle that can blow a hole the size of a Mack Truck in objects that are much smaller than a Mack Truck. Gotta love Propagandist Government Employees with a Camera in their face...

I just built a 4-wheel drive unicycle. Wanna drive it to France? Bridge for sale, cheap! It's not bullet-proof....

Mas49.56

I think that pales in comparison to the Desert Eagle that can blow a hole the size of a Mack Truck in objects that are much smaller than a Mack Truck. Gotta love Propagandist Government Employees with a Camera in their face...

I just built a 4-wheel drive unicycle. Wanna drive it to France? Bridge for sale, cheap! It's not bullet-proof....

My Desert Eagle micro can blow a hole in a toy Mack truck!:dude: