• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just ordered my fobus!

J_Douglass

It seems the trigger pull is pretty close to the M&P. I love the trigger on my SR9.

Sorry, I didn't realize there was the holster forum. And Honestly I have only put 3 mags through it, then it went into Palm Beach County Sheriff's evidence room while I was in basic training but that is another story.

1245A Defender

Sorry, I didn't realize there was the holster forum. And Honestly I have only put 3 mags through it, then it went into Palm Beach County Sheriff's evidence room while I was in basic training but that is another story.

OMG! you just gotta tell us now!
you just ordered the holster yesterday, but the gun is in lockup?

and now for the rest of the story........

J_Douglass

OMG! you just gotta tell us now!
you just ordered the holster yesterday, but the gun is in lockup?

and now for the rest of the story........

No, case is over with and my wife literally went and picked it up the day the movers came to pack our stuff.

I will try to hit all the facts and make the story short. My best friend, who I literally spent every day with since 5th grade, had a very very crazy g/f and mother of his kids. He was a good dude who would do anything to take care of his kids. He would stay home while she worked and then when she came home, would ignore the kids sometimes literally telling them to eff off. She was also very manipulative of him and used the kids to get him to do things she wanted him to do so she could dodge out on her responsibilty as a parent.

My wife and I were trying to get him away from her and tell him that even though he loves his kids, he shouldn't have to take meds because he can't deal with her bs. So, he was staying at my house while I was in basic to keep my wife company. Something happened, I don't know what..... I am guessing either she pushed him to his emotional edge and he wanted to kill himself or he did something illegal to get money for her and something went bad and he was scared for his life. Either way, he knows me and knows that if he removed my gun from the house that I would not hesitate to call the police, even if it was him. That is why I believe that there was something severe pressuring him emotionally or something. He ended up taking my pistol.

Somewhere along the way the girlfriend called the cops on him and said that he kidnapped her at gunpoint from her house. Made her drive the car and at some point she bailed out at a stop sign and called the cops. (I believe this story is BS) In the end he pled down to only taking my pistol and got 10 years.

Everyone involved that is not this girl believes that she was mad at him and knew he had the gun on him and called the cops on him and fabricated this story. Evidence to this is that she is in the courtroom trying to plead to the judge to let him out on bail.

The wierd part is her mom never called the cops, her mom was supposedly at the house when he "kidnapped her" If that is the case, why would you not call the cops when a dude with a gun leaves with your daughter?

I know I was trying to be short but i failed at that. lol I may have skipped around a lot in the story but I think i got the jist of it.

amlevin

Don't use Armor All on them as Armor All, gun oil and kydex will trigger a hypergolic fire.

Does this mean that I can use my kydex holster for a McGuyver like explosive? Make it into powder by scraping with a knife, placing it into a closed container, and at the last minute pouring gun oil or Armor All into it, close the lid, and then blow the door off the room I am trapped in? Really??

Wonder where you heard this about kydex?

J_Douglass

I worded that all wrong. I am going to be living across the country. I am in Iraq now but when I get back in about a month I will be buying a safe.