• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Yep as posted before same old new is good news. Open carry in Bass Pro no problems.

28kfps

Open carried in Bass Pro for two hours. I was in all departments upstairs down stairs. Asked several times with a big smile on their face if I needed any help. Nothing between me and the employee but a few feet and my sidearm. They will be seeing more of my business.

Last edited:

Ronsmag

Did they ask you to see the serial no. and all that before you went in
I shoot there all the time and they record the ser. no. and make and model and put trigger locks on
for me to walk up to the range, one of the old guys that doesn't see well even asks for the blue cards
and copies the numbers off of it. I think it is a waste of time, if you can open carry in there, but I talked to one of the guys at the range and he said that was the way the Mananger wanted it

Vegassteve

I shoot there all the time and they record the ser. no. and make and model and put trigger locks on
for me to walk up to the range, one of the old guys that doesn't see well even asks for the blue cards
and copies the numbers off of it. I think it is a waste of time, if you can open carry in there, but I talked to one of the guys at the range and he said that was the way the Mananger wanted it

Well first of all dont shoot at the range. It is expensive. Second do not carry a blue card. It is not required to be carried.
Third if they asked you to do this just because you were OC let me know so I can contact corporate AGAIN to et this fixed.

28kfps

I do not shoot in their range. I shoot at Discount firearms they allow open carry right into the range just required to keep the firearm holstered until you step up to the shooting line. I beleive rarnge fee and target was $9.

At bass pro, I did not stop at the turnstile just smilled at the lady and walked in. It appears they may have two different sets of rules one if you are planning on shooting and another if open carrying. May be Vegassteve or someone else has more info on that.

Last edited: