Thread: Went into Seattle city hall and spoke in city council chambers.

Went into Seattle city hall and spoke in city council chambers.

Today I went into Seattle city hall and spoke to the city council against Mr. Diaz becoming the new chief. I open carried. I was told by some people that carrying into the council chambers might get me arrested, but it didn't. Had one guy ask me why I brought a gun to city hall. I told him it was my right and asked him why he was here today. We sat next to each other and talked. He got to know me for the nice guy that I am, and hopefully made a new friend. There were alot of people ohing and whispering when I got up and went to the microphone. I think I made a positive impression for open carry. The cops were there, the chief, the mayor, I was sitting close to all of them, no problems. I stayed for about an hour and then left. Some people were agased by my gun but hopefully they will learn to coexist. I broke down a personal hurdle for me by OCing there, because of people telling me I would get arrested for doing that.
    Last edited by jsanchez; 07-29-2010 at 12:59 AM.

Hooray for you! I know that took courage. I don't OC as much as I would like because of my job, but I may start doing it more often. You didn't just overcome a personal barrier, but also a barrier for all who OC. Good job!! Thanks for sharing the experience with us!
    Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world; it's the only thing that ever does.- Margaret Mead

Those who will not fight for justice today will fight for their lives in the future,

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin

Excellent job sir, truely excellent! You expressed the kind of courage that the OC movement needs!

Live Free or Die!

nice job!

You must be the one that got a shout out from KOMO...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/99528819.html

In the hot seat for his confirmation hearing, Interim Seattle Police Chief John Diaz faced a packed house and people with all points of view. Some came with advice while others unleashed criticism. One man even came with a gun holstered on his leg.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Great job!!! Must have been the week for doing that, I went to our Community Board meeting, OC'ing to the General Manager kept staring at me and my gun. I almost told him to stop he is making me nervous, and I feel he might be planning something rash. The other members got a kick out it though and I was able to hand out several pamphlets. There were close to 200 members there that night.

Quote Originally Posted by jsanchez View Post
    Some people were agased by my gun but hopefully they will learn to coexist.
    Isn't it funny that they would be "agased" (btw, it's spelled aghast) by YOUR carrying a gun but not with all the guns carried by the police. Probably would have needed to change their "Depends" if they knew of all the other concealed guns present (legal and otherwise).

Good job on presenting a positive image for the "cause".

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Great job!!! Must have been the week for doing that, I went to our Community Board meeting, OC'ing to the General Manager kept staring at me and my gun. I almost told him to stop he is making me nervous, and I feel he might be planning something rash. The other members got a kick out it though and I was able to hand out several pamphlets. There were close to 200 members there that night.

thank you SVG for representing for us
    i would like to see their shocked faces as they see a free American citizen in a public meeting!!!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

jsanchez and sudden valley gunner, very well done! I applaud you both!

I saw you on the news!!!

They made a point to mention the "one man who wore his gun" but made no other comments, good or bad about it.

They even dropped a sound byte... something about listening to the people was it?

Very, very suspicious.

The man with the leg holster on the komo video is not jsanchez...from what I piece together from his thread. I know the guy with the leg holster....he has no problem with OCing like that in city hall.

Very, very, VERY suspicious.

Or you might have been some other guy just regularing OCing that nobody paid attention to because of leg holster guy.

Been harassed by the police? Yelled at by the anti-gun neighbors? Mother doesn't approve?

Then this is the place for you! Click here to get back at them!

Well done ! Thank You !
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !