• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went into Seattle city hall and spoke in city council chambers.

jsanchez

Today I went into Seattle city hall and spoke to the city council against Mr. Diaz becoming the new chief. I open carried. I was told by some people that carrying into the council chambers might get me arrested, but it didn't. Had one guy ask me why I brought a gun to city hall. I told him it was my right and asked him why he was here today. We sat next to each other and talked. He got to know me for the nice guy that I am, and hopefully made a new friend. There were alot of people ohing and whispering when I got up and went to the microphone. I think I made a positive impression for open carry. The cops were there, the chief, the mayor, I was sitting close to all of them, no problems. I stayed for about an hour and then left. Some people were agased by my gun but hopefully they will learn to coexist. I broke down a personal hurdle for me by OCing there, because of people telling me I would get arrested for doing that.

Last edited:

Ruby

:banana: Hooray for you! I know that took courage. I don't OC as much as I would like because of my job, but I may start doing it more often. You didn't just overcome a personal barrier, but also a barrier for all who OC. Good job!! Thanks for sharing the experience with us!

sudden valley gunner

Great job!!! Must have been the week for doing that, I went to our Community Board meeting, OC'ing to the General Manager kept staring at me and my gun. I almost told him to stop he is making me nervous, and I feel he might be planning something rash. The other members got a kick out it though and I was able to hand out several pamphlets. There were close to 200 members there that night.

amlevin

Some people were agased by my gun but hopefully they will learn to coexist.

Isn't it funny that they would be "agased" (btw, it's spelled aghast) by YOUR carrying a gun but not with all the guns carried by the police. Probably would have needed to change their "Depends" if they knew of all the other concealed guns present (legal and otherwise).

Good job on presenting a positive image for the "cause".

1245A Defender

Great job!!! Must have been the week for doing that, I went to our Community Board meeting, OC'ing to the General Manager kept staring at me and my gun. I almost told him to stop he is making me nervous, and I feel he might be planning something rash. The other members got a kick out it though and I was able to hand out several pamphlets. There were close to 200 members there that night.

thank you SVG for representing for us:monkey
i would like to see their shocked faces as they see a free American citizen in a public meeting!!!

daddy4count

I saw you on the news!!!

They made a point to mention the "one man who wore his gun" but made no other comments, good or bad about it.

They even dropped a sound byte... something about listening to the people was it?

OrangeIsTrouble

Very, very suspicious.

The man with the leg holster on the komo video is not jsanchez...from what I piece together from his thread. I know the guy with the leg holster....he has no problem with OCing like that in city hall.

Very, very, VERY suspicious.

Or you might have been some other guy just regularing OCing that nobody paid attention to because of leg holster guy. :p