Thread: Where the heck is it?!?

Where the heck is it?!?

I've been googling for what seems like HOURS now (but is most likely just a very intense half hour) and I cannot for the life of me find the section of law that states what I am allowed to do as a CPL holder. (How I may carry my pistol.) Can someone please point me in the right direction?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Banned
    I'm not quite sure what it is you are trying to figure out.

Where in the law does it spell out what "privileges" a CPL grants you?
    "You'll be walking along.. OC.. and you'll feel GREAT. You'll feel FREEEEE like 1776 kind of Free." -cscitney87

Is it 750.245?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Banned
    no, that covers flags.

nutz, I know what you're talking about...
    Last edited by stainless1911; 07-29-2010 at 02:04 AM.

Umm... Okay I didn't know their was a law that gives you privliges for your CPL. Although, a CPL (within Michigan) allows you to carry a concealed pistol except in PFZs listed in 28.425o, it also allows you to OC in PFZs listed in 750.234d.

IANAL

http://legislature.mi.gov/(S(1v20qs4...me=mcl-28-425o (bam)
    http://legislature.mi.gov/(S(bjj5jie...e=mcl-750-234d (bam)

Last edited by eastmeyers; 07-29-2010 at 02:18 AM.
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Banned
    I knew those two, could be, but I'm not convinced that's what he's looking for. As of yet, I have not found it either.

Could you be thinking of an AG opinion?
    Last edited by stainless1911; 07-29-2010 at 02:19 AM.

MCL 28.425c

Sec. 5c.
    (1) A license to carry a concealed pistol shall be in a form, with the same dimensions as a Michigan operator license, prescribed by the department of state police. The license shall contain all of the following:
    (a) The licensee's full name and date of birth.
    (b) A photograph and a physical description of the licensee.
    (c) A statement of the effective dates of the license.
    (d) An indication of exceptions authorized by this act applicable to the licensee.
    (e) An indication whether the license is a duplicate.

(2) Subject to section 5o and except as otherwise provided by law, a license to carry a concealed pistol issued by the county concealed weapon licensing board authorizes the licensee to do all of the following:
    (a) Carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person anywhere in this state.
    (b) Carry a pistol in a vehicle, whether concealed or not concealed, anywhere in this state.
    Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Thank you, Bronson! That's what I was looking for! Looks like I was in the right area when I was googling last night but just not close enough.

Thanks also to those who put forth an effort to help.

Banned
    Yep, that was it. I must have looked right past that one.

Verdammt, zu langsam.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by EM87 View Post
    Thank you, Bronson! That's what I was looking for! Looks like I was in the right area when I was googling last night but just not close enough.

Thanks also to those who put forth an effort to help.
    Glad I could help.

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by DrTodd View Post
    Verdammt, zu langsam.
    Nah, I'm just up until ungodly times of the night. You'll get it next time

Bronson
    Last edited by Bronson; 07-29-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Actually... I was up when it posted but was working on the ABE thing, so I keep crazy hours too. If you ever want to go in together and set a BB or IPod App with this stuff, just let me know...
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer – I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.