• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Where the heck is it?!?

EM87

I've been googling for what seems like HOURS now (but is most likely just a very intense half hour) and I cannot for the life of me find the section of law that states what I am allowed to do as a CPL holder. (How I may carry my pistol.) Can someone please point me in the right direction?

eastmeyers

Last edited:

Bronson

MCL 28.425c

Sec. 5c.
(1) A license to carry a concealed pistol shall be in a form, with the same dimensions as a Michigan operator license, prescribed by the department of state police. The license shall contain all of the following:
(a) The licensee's full name and date of birth.
(b) A photograph and a physical description of the licensee.
(c) A statement of the effective dates of the license.
(d) An indication of exceptions authorized by this act applicable to the licensee.
(e) An indication whether the license is a duplicate.

(2) Subject to section 5o and except as otherwise provided by law, a license to carry a concealed pistol issued by the county concealed weapon licensing board authorizes the licensee to do all of the following:
(a) Carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person anywhere in this state.
(b) Carry a pistol in a vehicle, whether concealed or not concealed, anywhere in this state.

Bronson

EM87

Thank you, Bronson! That's what I was looking for! Looks like I was in the right area when I was googling last night but just not close enough.

Thanks also to those who put forth an effort to help.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Actually... I was up when it posted but was working on the ABE thing, so I keep crazy hours too. If you ever want to go in together and set a BB or IPod App with this stuff, just let me know...:D