• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL 2nd Annual Family Picnic August 14 11:00am - 4:00pm

romma

http://ccdl.us/

CCDL 2nd Annual Family Picnic:
August 14 11:00am - 4:00pm
Booth Memorial Park
5800 Main Street - Putney
Stratford, CT

This event is open to CCDL Members and to the public free of charge. Everyone is encouraged to attend this event to celebrate our right in Connecticut to Keep And Bear Arms, get to know us and learn more about what CCDL does to protect your rights as a gun owner in the state of Connecticut!

Come and enjoy typical picnic fare - burgers, dogs, salads , dessert and more. This will be an alcohol free gathering.

CCDL Merchandise and Membership Sign Up will be available onsite.

Any lawful forms of weapon carry are allowed and encouraged. If you will be carrying a firearm, please exercise safety and caution as we will be in the eyes of the public. Firearms must remain holstered for the duration of the event to ensure safety.

If you are planing to contribute a food item, please email

Please RSVP on our Facebook event page - http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137624442938814&ref=nf
(When responding with your RSVP, please note on the Picnic Wall if you will be attending with additional guests and family for an approximate head count.)

This is a free event, but all donations would be appreciated to offset some of the costs.

HongKongPhooey

Pretty cool way to meet new people seeing that I just signed up lol.
Don't have facebook and really don't care for those type of sites, so how would we be able to RSVP?

Thanks

HongKongPhooey

I'll bring my Hong Kong Book of Kung Fu :lol: Ya I'll stop by with the wife and kid to meet everyone there. I'm just a few minuets from Booth Memorial Park.

KennyB

I'll be there along with 4 or 5 other family members. I'll bring some food or drink too! I take it the city is 'ok' with lots of people OC'ing in the park? That's cool to have such an understanding local authority too.

KB

Lenny Benedetto

I'll be there along with 4 or 5 other family members. I'll bring some food or drink too! I take it the city is 'ok' with lots of people OC'ing in the park? That's cool to have such an understanding local authority too.

KB

Anyone that is bringing food, please send an email to

food@ccdl.us

And tell us what you are bringing.
As for local authorities understanding, what is there to understand. OC is legal and we did reserve the spot as well as pay the town for its use.

KennyB

As for local authorities understanding, what is there to understand. OC is legal and we did reserve the spot as well as pay the town for its use.

I only OC when I do carry. That's not an issue for me. So far, no problems. And yes, I do carry the CCDL docs along with the other supporting docs. What I was curious about is if there are any local 'laws' that may pose a problem. I know there are some cities in CT(Hartford comes to mind) that DO NOT allow handguns in there parks. Either way, i'm there. Lets hope for some good weather.

KB

gluegun

No. We looked into all applicable laws and regulations before we selected this location last year. There are no laws prohibiting the carrying of firearms in Booth Memorial Park.

KIX

Lookini' forward to bringing my son and a friend.

Time is going by FAST!!!

Jonathan

KIX

Looks like the earliest I can get there will be 3:00......

Debating if it will be worth it at that point.

Forgot I had a reservation at the range with my son on Saturday.

Jonathan

KIX

I have the little man already. We'll go to the range and do the father son thing for a couple and I'm headin' down to the picnic!

I'll be there and lookin' forward to it!

Jonathan