• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What caliber are you Carrying?

Lammo

Glock 36 in .45 ACP.

.45, because they don't make a .46. (well, now they do but it would be a beast and a half to carry around all the time)

Aryk45XD

If I didn't lose my guns...

I'd CC my PF9 9x19 hydroshock and OC my XD40 with hydroshocks.
I would also have about 5 exra 40cal mags hidden around the places I frequent and a spare 9mm mag in the pocket. That should be enough to get me and mine safe.

Mech

Sig Sauer P226R happily fed with 36 rounds of Federal HST 9mm in 2 x 18 magazines.
Figured if I can't get myself out of a sticky situation with 36 rounds, then perhaps I should have gotten out of it long ago :D

Last edited:

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
XD Subcompact 40S&W or XD Service 40 S&W W/Crimson Trace Laser Grips
Speer GDHP 165 gr. W/2 Extra Magazines total 27 rounds.

Rarely I carry my Bersa Thunder .380 with GDHP with 1 extra magazine.

1245A Defender

sounds like a judge!! get a real gun!:lol:

You know I've never had anyone, who has kidded me about that gun, ever volunteer to get shot by it. :uhoh:

I would be happy to volunteer to be shot by your Judge, Anytime, Anyplace!!!!

unfortunately, I will be someplace else on the day/ place/ time....
and of course I will turn 90 degrees and duck and cover, just before you pull the trigger...

all kidding aside, the judge is a clown gun,,,, A BIG UGLY KILLING GAWD awfull of a close in
BIG GAPING BLOODY HOLE(S) kinda clown gun:lol:

G20-IWB24/7

9mm (127gr +P+ or 147gr Ranger), 10mm Kurtz ----aka .40S&W (180gr. Gold Dots), or .45ACP (230gr Ranger).

Current carry rotation includes a Kahr MK9 w/CTC lasergrips & trijicons, G19 w/full grip reduction/retexture & meps, G27 w/meps, Springfield Stainless Loaded 5" 1911 w/US made frame (not Brazil).

My job allows me an occasional 'insider's look' into handgun round effectiveness, and I can tell you that shot placement is EVERYTHING. Anything else is just gravy or gunshop B.S.

-G20

Last edited:

1245A Defender

I can't disagree with that! :banana:

our good friend triggerdr has a 6 inch judge clown gun, it is a gawd awful big bloody holes kind of killing and you fall down end of the world kind of thing, but i wouldnt carry one myself.
i would volunteer to get shot with that one too, but he is a good friend, and i will be unavailable at the date/ time/ place too.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Shot Placement is EVERYTHING
Anything else is just gravy or Gunshop B.S.

Very well put G20-IWB24/7 and I may steel this from time to time as well.

Just a note on carrying of firearms that imply that there is more deadly then any other firearm can work against you in front of a Jury as taught by Massad Ayoob.

It is not illegal by no means but impressions can mean a great deal to those in a jury that has little or no knowledge of firearms.
They hear the prosecutor telling them the weapon used was far more deadly then a normal gun as they call it the Cobra, Desert Eagle The Judge and who is to say what effect it will have on them?

If you choose to carry them, that is your choice as our lives are full of them.

tombrewster421

I carry a Glock 19 with Winchester ranger +p ammo
A Glock 17 mag with plus two extention
Two mags that came with the gun on opposite hip for a total of 50 rounds on my person
It all resides in Blade-Tech gear (because I know the owner)
Also have a spare 33 round mag in my lunchbox.

David.Car

Sig Sauer P226R happily fed with 36 rounds of Federal HST 9mm in 2 x 18 magazines.
Figured if I can't get myself out of a sticky situation with 36 rounds, then perhaps I should have gotten out of it long ago :D

I like the way you roll...

Except mine is P226R w/Hogues and 37 rounds of 124gr Gold Dot. 2x 18rd mags +1 in the chamber.

Mech

I like the way you roll...

Except mine is P226R w/Hogues and 37 rounds of 124gr Gold Dot. 2x 18rd mags +1 in the chamber.

Lol I forgot to mention that mine too is dressed up with Hogue finger groove grips :)
As a joke, if we're ever in a predicament together, maybe your extra round would save both our asses :D

How do you load your round in the chamber? I presume load a full magazine, load one in the chamber, then refill one more into the same magazine?

Last edited:

David.Car

How do you load your round in the chamber? I presume load a full magazine, **** it, then refill one more into the same magazine?

Slide locked back. Insert full mag. Slide release. Press decocker. Eject mag. Add one round. Insert full mag.

Typically I carry in a Serpa with a spare mag in the small pocket in the front right of jeans (watch pocket). If I actually pop my mag holder on my belt, or am using my shoulder holster, then I have two extra mags and am sporting 55 rounds.

I figure that would more then cover any situation until I could get back to a rifle.