• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lake Lowell Park

carracer

I was on vacation to Montana 2 weeks ago. When I got back my daughter tells me that she, her jusband and 3 kids rode bikes out to the park at lake Lowell on the Nampa side. Upon arriving they stopped their bikes in the parking lot behind a couple of cars to rest for a moment before going into the park. My daughter told me there were a couple of gang banger looking individuals waving something out the passenger window. She assumed a camera or something. Upon closer look, it was a handgun being pointed at various people and things in a random method. They left to another section of the park but didn't get any lic. numbers or descriptions. the car left as they were riding to the the other location. as they were calling the police a sheriff car drove thru and talked to some other individuals then left quickly. My daughter cancelled her call as they felt the other people had already made the call.

I haven't been out to that park for some time even though it's only about 2-3 miles from my house. has it gone downhill or was this a random incident? Any insight or thoughts?

Hiredgun30

i have friends who work in canyon county as police officers... they have told me more then once that lake lowell is a common area for gang bangers to hang out and drink...its usually close to dusk when they become problems... I certainly carry everytime i go out there....

clarkebar

Picnic at lake lowell park

I ride my motorcycle with the boiseriders.net forum around the lake often, I would be VERY down for this. Anyone have a particular day in mind? I love showing off my legally owned and operated piece to criminals. :)

Last edited: