• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cite needed.

stainless1911

Banned
Maybe I misread something, but I seem to recall reading in the law that if a person was guilty of 3 civil infractions within a certain period of time, that they could be called in front of the board, and may have their CPL suspended for up to a year.

Could someone please provide a cite, if any? Thanks.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
Maybe I misread something, but I seem to recall reading in the law that if a person was guilty of 3 civil infractions within a certain period of time, that they could be called in front of the board, and may have their CPL suspended for up to a year.

Could someone please provide a cite, if any? Thanks.

MCL 28.428 Revocation of licenses; grounds; hearing; suspension; order; notice.

see: http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(lf2vwuuxtu24uq45hqylo555))/documents/mcl/pdf/mcl-28-428.pdf

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
An ancient secret, passed down through the ages until, in it's most potent and dare I say advantageous form, it has decided to manifest itself for the betterment of OCers everywhere.

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I go to this page http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(f0xq4gjmrt2odd45jhiy5445))/mileg.aspx?page=home and do a keyword search of the MCLs. In this case I used the words "pistol revoke" and it pulled the relevant MCL up as a one of three choices.

Bronson

That works too. Bronson, you're no fun. :p
Actually my "ancient secret" I refer to is "reading". If you read the Michigan Firearm Law Book cover to cover a few times and then, as Bronson stated, do a search in Google, that will serve you well.
I also suggest NEVER taking someone's word for something and instead always go to the original source. Oh, and look around a bit while you are there.

stainless1911

Banned
I do have the firearms laws printed up, although I haven't read all of them. Many, of course, but not all. I have always had a hard time comprehending the laws though, but I do my best. I just cant figure how people like you are able to recall that stuff so easily, there is sooo much information out there.

Believe it or not, it was CV67PAT that gave me that link a long time ago, and thank him for it. I have it bookmarked on my toolbar, and use it frequently. I wouldn't have thought to word it the way you did when you searched it Bronson. Thanks for passing it along, its such an excellent resource.