View Poll Results: If you can't tell it is a gun is it concealed?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Concealed Carry

17 85.00%
  • Open Carry

3 15.00%

Thread: Concealed or not?

Concealed or not?

Everyone thinks it is a pocket knife when they see it. If you can't tell it is a gun, is it concealed even though there is a piece showing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00049-20100728-1841.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	93.1 KB 
ID:	3423   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00049-20100728-1841.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	3425  

Just my opinion, but if you cannot tell what it is by looking at it: Concealed

I think the WA state law makes reference to making an effort to conceal... but doesn't specifically define what that means, AFAIK

Your state may be different?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG00054-20100729-1841.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	3428

Refusing to vote because this is a legal issue.

Depends on your state. Vast majority of states that is concealed carry.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

The previous pics are of the "holster grip" on my NAA revolver.

Kel-Tec has a clip that screws on to their frame; If all you see is the little clip, is the Kel-tec exposed?

What about the clip on your standard IWB holster?

Where is the line drawn?

Accordingto the Attorney General of NC, if a firearm that is being carried on the person is not easily recognizable as a firearm to a reasonable person, then it is concealed.

So the above pictured carry modes would classify as "concealed" under NC standards and practices.

Those tiny NAA revolvers that mount in a belt buckle--even when in "plain view", fall under the NC AG's interpretation (in fact, the interpretation specifically articulates such belt-buckle guns), because they can easily be mistaken as an ornamental buckle...

However, in NC, a 1911 in an IWB holster, with the majority of the grip visible would NOT classify as concealed, because it is "easily recognizable as a firearm".

Of course, the standard for what denotes "concealed" varies WILDLY from state to state, and in some places, even from officer to officer. In matters of "non-conventional" carry modes and whether or not a given instance is or is not "concealed, it is often left to the courts to decide. If a LEO says it's "concealed", you are NOT going to argue your way out of it standing on the street. But it CAN (and usually IS) very easy to argue out of such a charge when you are finally standing before the bench...

NC Judge: Officer Smith, what is the charge?
    Smith: Carrying concealed without a permit.
    Plaintiff: And how, Officer Smith did you know I was carrying a firearm?
    Smith: Because I could clearly see there was a handgun sticking out of your waistband.
    Plaintiff: How did you know it wasn't a cell phone, or some sort of tool, or a walkman?
    Smith: because anyone could plainly see it was a gun.
    NC Judge: Case Dismissed...
    Of course, in any other state, YMMV.

The bottom line is , if you are OCing, and you get charges with Carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, the FIRST thing you should do is ****.

And the second thing you should do is LAWYER UP...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Dreamer-

This thread barely deserved a response.
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Mlb

I was recently at a MLB game...

After an hour and a half my buddy and I were walking around the concourse....

I was carrying my Kel Tec P32 in my back pocket.....

I was asked by an 'Alcohol Enforcement' agent to drop my "knife" into my pocket.....

He walked away.... I complied for the next inning......

Of course it was no pocket knife....

It was the first time in 10+ years of carrying a KelTec P32 in this manner that it was mistaken for a pocket knife....
    Live Free or Die!