• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Conspiracy theory?????

damienrr

Not sure if i am being sucked into a conspiracy theory, but a new treaty between the US and the UN concerning small arms might be the start of the end of the 2nd amendment. Could someone google it and give me their ideas on what it might mean to us. I do know that under law a treaty once sighned trumps the constitution and becomes the supreme law of the land. If that is true, and it has been sighned, we are all in deep @#$%. The gun grabbing UN would love nothing more than to disarm the US.

damienrr

Awnsered my own ?

Hillary Clinton And The UN Arms Trade Treaty Rumor

Friday, May 28, 2010

We continue to receive numerous inquiries regarding UN international treaties, and their impact on our Second Amendment rights. The latest rumor making its way around the Internet claims that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton actually signed a UN small arms treaty.

Contrary to this widely circulated e-mail, Hillary Clinton has not signed any small arms treaty. She could not have done so, in fact, because no such treaty has yet been negotiated.

As we noted in an update from last November, the UN Arms Trade Treaty will be drafted between now and 2012, and even if signed, would not take effect in the U.S. until it was ratified by the Senate.

Please rest assured that, as we said in November, NRA will be actively involved in this process and will oppose any treaty that would attempt to impose limits on our Second Amendment rights. In the meantime, we urge gun owners to follow this issue in NRA's magazines and NRA-ILA's Grassroots Alerts. We also urge gun owners not to circulate misinformation on this issue.

Still its disturbing that such a treaty is being negotiated, and I sure as hell have no faith in Washington any more.

Last edited:

Butch00

Treaties must be signed Pursuant to the Constitution otherwise it is void.
Because of the status of the UNITED STATES a Corporate Democracy there is no
Constitutional authority.
The United States of America is a Republic, People need to find out which entity is your country.
I am a National of the Republic, not citizen of a Corporate Democracy.

damienrr

Treaties must be signed Pursuant to the Constitution otherwise it is void.
Because of the status of the UNITED STATES a Corporate Democracy there is no
Constitutional authority.
The United States of America is a Republic, People need to find out which entity is your country.
I am a National of the Republic, not citizen of a Corporate Democracy.

Tell that to the law-abiding citizens of Louisiana during Katrina. The government can do whatever the hell they want to do. Its been proven more than once. All they have to do is declare marshal law and the constitution wont mean sh!t.

Butch00

Maybe if people would educate themselves about the Constitution they could help change things.
Constitutional Law says....The Constitution of the United States was adopted in a dire emergency
and no emergency can justify the suspension of that document.
Under martial law you still have Constitutional Rights.
We the People and the Law enforcers need to be educated.

langzaiguy

From what I can recall, I think the treaty deals with the exportation of arms and doesn't have anything to do with our internal affairs.

damienrr

From what I can recall, I think the treaty deals with the exportation of arms and doesn't have anything to do with our internal affairs.

Dear Concerned American,

With willing one-world accomplices in Washington, D.C., gun-grabbers around the globe believe they have it made.

In fact, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton just announced the Obama Administration would be working hand in glove with the U.N. to pass a new “Small Arms Treaty."

Disguised as legislation to help in the fight against “terrorism,” “insurgency” and “international crime syndicates,” the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty is nothing more than a massive, GLOBAL gun control scheme.

If passed by the U.N. and ratified by the U.S. Senate, the U.N.’s Small Arms Treaty would almost certainly FORCE national governments to:

* Enact tougher licensing requirements, making law-abiding citizens cut through even more bureaucratic red tape just to own a firearm legally;
* CONFISCATE and DESTROY ALL “unauthorized” civilian firearms (all firearms owned by the government are excluded, of course);
* BAN the trade, sale and private ownership of ALL semi-automatic weapons;
* Create an INTERNATIONAL gun registry, setting the stage for full-scale gun CONFISCATION.

Are you outraged? Do you want answers? Then please scroll down and fill out the Firearms Sovereignty Survey the National Association for Gun Rights has prepared for you putting yourself squarely on record AGAINST the U.N. Small Arms Treaty!

Sincerely,
PBsig
Congressman Paul Broun, M.D.

Correct me if Im wrong but i believe US is the largest gun exporter in the world.

ep0k

Paul Braun's 2nd Amendment news page, which contains no reference to the Small Arms treaty:
http://broun.house.gov/News/DocumentQuery.aspx?CatagoryID=4092

Snopes says the Small-Arms treaty is an urban legend in the form presented, though there is one in the works which deals with weapons export.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp

I'm calling bullshit on this one.

Generally speaking, an international treaty has no legal validity in the US on its own.

That being said, though I probably have more socially liberal views than many of the people in this community, I dislike Hillary Clinton a great deal.

But it's much more productive to focus on things she's quantifiably involved in or responsible for. If we suspend incredulity and buy into falsehoods it reflects poorly on us when we raise a legitimate gripe.

TL;DR Yes, conspiracy theory... this time.

Last edited:

langzaiguy

@damienrr Perhaps I should have been clearer. I am well aware of what the "theory" says and well aware of the Snopes findings. These wild tales usually start somewhere with some truthfulness to them. I was trying to articulate what I've heard to be true.