• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Went to Walgreens today in St Charles.

zekester

I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and I had to go to Walgreens for my 14yr old daughter for some "personal" stuff.

As I was walking in I noticed a State Trooper in his car just outside the entrance. I was carrrying my G36 and a two clip holster. One clip was removed so that I could carry my recorder. He had to see me, because I said hello and waved at him. Nothing.

Went in the store, it was packed. They must have just got a shipment in, because I have never seen so many employees in the store at one time. Time was about 4:30pm...customers were all over the place as well.

Went to the "personal" isle...(did you know how much of this crap is in one isle?...lol)...Stood there while she made her decision....seemed like a lifetime. I have to be honest, with the cop outside, and all the people I was sure I would get approached so I decided to just walk around and see what happens, while she did her thing.

Walked past numerous people including the "managers" with ties and I got looks like you would not believe, but not one comment. I actually asked one of the managers where I could find something. He looked, he stared, but not a word.

We were in there for about 20 minutes and I just knew that I was going to get stopped once out of the store.

Tropper was still there, and this time HE waved at me.

Had the recorder, but didn't need it.

Thank you Walgreen's and thanks to the Trooper...whomever he was!

Z

Last edited:

sohighlyunlikely

St Charles

This is America and that experience went exactly how it should go. St Charles city is one of the areas that I have spent the most time OC. I would think they have been some what acclimated to it by now.

Doc

zekester

You are correct

As it should be.....

I just figured with all the "old timers" in there....Hell I am one....there would have been a bigger reaction...

I carry at work everyday and deal with alot of LEO's....they don't seem to care, but it is private property...It was good experience for me.

Z

Big Boy

I've OC'ed in the Walgreens in Warrensburg quite a few times. Never had anybody say anything, just got a walk by and look from a manager, that's it.

Superlite27

State Troopers are the least of your worries. I've never heard of anyone ever having a bad OC encounter with one. It's your local flatfoot you have to watch out for.

357SigFan

Did I miss something? Last I heard, St Charles City was one of the cities that banned OC. This confusing patchwork of yea/nea OC is the only reason I don't do it... It's too much of a hastle considering I live more or less right in the middle of that patchwork. If/When preemtion gets passed, I'll likely do it more often.

nrepuyan

Did I miss something? Last I heard, St Charles City was one of the cities that banned OC. This confusing patchwork of yea/nea OC is the only reason I don't do it... It's too much of a hastle considering I live more or less right in the middle of that patchwork. If/When preemtion gets passed, I'll likely do it more often.

and when was the last time that you heard.....

sohighlyunlikely

Did I miss something? Last I heard, St Charles City was one of the cities that banned OC. This confusing patchwork of yea/nae OC is the only reason I don't do it... It's too much of a hastle considering I live more or less right in the middle of that patchwork. If/When preemption gets passed, I'll likely do it more often.

St Charles County is pretty easy to navigate.

OClistStCharles12.jpg