Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver OC Meetup?

Vancouver OC Meetup?

Who's up for dinner and some shooting.. or shooting then some dinner? Or shooting some dinner?

This weekend would be great! Maybe Saturday? If not, I am up for another weekday meet! Anyone available these next 7 days?

Joe~

This weekend should be good. Where were you thinking of going to shoot? Larch?

Not this week/weekend, Loads of O/T to be had and maybe even a Fire trip. Then we go on vacation to the Ore. coast. I'll try to catch up next time.
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

Well I went to a shooting range, and I did not like it at all. I much rather prefer going to the mountain. I was also thinking we can go get food at a sit down place like Apple Bees or TGIF or somewhere along the lines of a low-priced-yet-still-good restaurant. Saturday would be ideal for me, but I have a few friends who like to join and Monday works better for them. So, Saturday or Monday?

NOTE:

Please be very careful when shooting up at LARCH MT. Yesterday a arrant round impacted inside the Correctional Facility parking lot, shattering an employee’s truck window. There were visitors less than 20 feet away queuing up to enter the facility to visit their Inmates. This is not the first time this has happened, we get several rounds impacting inside our perimeter every year. The gravel pit East of four corners is directly in line with Larch Correctional Facility. Please be mindful of where you shoot and know your impact area. I am amazed that no one has been hit by these arrant rounds.
    Semper Fi
    I am a Sheep Dog, ... Wolves Beware !

Unfortunately this is a short weekend for me so I'll be spending the day with my wife and son. I could probably talk her into letting me out for dinner on Saturday. Joe, were you thinking the Applebee's on 99th Street, next to McDonald's?

Ya, next to McDonald's because it's like two feet from where I live Maybe we can hold off 'till next week. Seems like a closed weekend for everyone!

Well Saturday is the best evening for me to get away. I work next week, appointments Thursday, drive to Cali and back on Friday, and rest on Saturday. Sounds like Mech and I can make it, maybe BW will reply later today. It's a weekend, could always see if some of the northerners wanna come down for it.

I'm leaving for Taiwan on Tuesday, so Monday's out for me.

If yall can pull something together for Saturday, I'll do my best to come along. I checked with my folks last night and they're unsure of how busy the weekend might be. So I'd say go ahead and make the plans without me; if I'm free tomorrow then I'll let you guys know. Otherwise, have a good time!

Well 3 is good enough for me! You guys wanna do Saturday shooting at like 4ish then dinner after that? Lemme know.

just let me know i might can make it sorry didnt reply earlyer left for seattle at like 4 am thursday to get my friend to the airport drove around seattle looking at the needle and other stuff and there mest up roads then took the Ferrie from seattle to bremerton. got home around 3 and passed out lol
    Last edited by bwboley; 07-30-2010 at 03:23 PM.

Like I said, I won't be able to go shooting, but I can make dinner. When do you think you guys would be back for dinner? 6-7ish?

Ok, let's meet at Wholesale Sports on 4th plain (so I can buy ammo) at 3:30pm. We will make it to Larch a little before 4pm. We can shoot it up for a couple of hours then head to Apple Bees on 99th St. by the I-5 overpass. Lets plan dinner at 6:30pm so we can have plenty of time for traffic and travel. I hate being rushed!!

Sound good?

Joe~
    Last edited by joejoejoe; 07-30-2010 at 09:22 PM.

I'll meet you guys at Applebee's at 6:30 then. Joe, if you still have my number, give me a call if time changes.

So I called Applebee's and spoke with General Manager Aaron Hunt. I explained that we'd like to have dinner there tomorrow. I asked about whether or not his restaurant has a firearm policy. He said he'd be more than happy to have us and that restaurant policy is to follow state and federal law. He also informed me that they had a situation there once when several patrons were carrying firearms. They consumed quite a few alcoholic drinks and some other patrons were getting concerned. I told him that would not be a problem.

Anyway, Aaron was a real nice guy and seemed open minded about firearms in his restaurant, despite a bad experience before. We'll see how things go tomorrow but I think we'll be happy to give this restaurant our business.

Wow awesome... plus it's illegal to have your firearm in an area that is restricted to 21 or older... aka the bar at apple bee's. Sooo...

Joe~

Quote Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
    Wow awesome... plus it's illegal to have your firearm in an area that is restricted to 21 or older... aka the bar at apple bee's. Sooo...

Joe~
    Yeah, it sounded like they weren't in the lounge but were in the restaurant portion. I told him that I don't drink when I'm carrying and as far as I know, none of you would either.

Well I don't drink in general. It's a personal choice... I certainly wouldn't drink with a gun! That's just asking for trouble.

how much is ammo at wholesale? i get mine from walmart i get remington or winchester witch is like 14 or 15 bucks for 50 rounds of 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
    Ok, let's meet at Wholesale Sports on 4th plain (so I can buy ammo) at 3:30pm. We will make it to Larch a little before 4pm. We can shoot it up for a couple of hours then head to Apple Bees on 99th St. by the I-5 overpass. Lets plan dinner at 6:30pm so we can have plenty of time for traffic and travel. I hate being rushed!!

Sound good?

Joe~
    Last edited by bwboley; 07-31-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Hey Joe, I've managed to clear my plate enough tomorrow to make the range trip; unfortunately, my folks want me home for dinner, so it looks like I'll be bugging out after the range session.

If you can PM me your phone number and I'll send you mine, that would be great; I screen my calls pretty heavily so I don't answer any unknown numbers.

Or, I'll just see you at Wholesale Sports at 3:30PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwboley View Post
    how much is ammo at wholesale? i get mine from walmart i get remington or winchester witch is like 14 or 15 bucks for 50 rounds of 9mm
    What about Federal 9mm? Last I checked they had 50rds of 9mm in 117grain for $9.47!

Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    What about Federal 9mm? Last I checked they had 50rds of 9mm in 117grain for $9.47!
    were walmart? every time i go they only have winchester and remington hmm thats even better what guns are ppl gunna take? i might try and see f my grandpa wll let me use his old .357 Revolver from when he first became a cop i realy want to shoot it bad lol

You can try out my 357 revolver if you want. The rounds are about 13-14 dollars for Lugar 9mm. I am not sure if they sell them cheaper if they are different brand. I shoot .38 and .357 which is about 22-27 dollars per 50. Anyways, can I get a head count for tomorrow? My wife is going to come shoot with us too, so maybe bring some extra guns!

I'll PM you my number mech, and if anyone else needs it, let me know.

Joe~

3:30PM* wholesale sports! dont forget
    Last edited by joejoejoe; 07-31-2010 at 02:25 PM.

il try and make been doing alot last few days im kinda dead. lol went to seattle at 3:30am on thursday on 1 hour sleep to take my friend to seatac. decided never realy seen seattle so i drove around and walked around [by the way whats with the goats on the side of the hill by alaskin way by the ferrie terminal] then jumped on the ferrie to bermerton because i never been on one before then drove home at 3pm slept for 5 hours and spent all day sturgeon fishing today up by becon rock so im dead lol

ALSO I HOPE U MEAN 3:30PM not am cuz i wont make it!
    Last edited by bwboley; 07-31-2010 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bwboley View Post
    ... [by the way whats with the goats on the side of the hill by alaskin way by the ferrie terminal] ...
    The goats keep the vegetation short. The hill is kind of a pain to mow.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast