• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver OC Meetup?

joejoejoe

Who's up for dinner and some shooting.. or shooting then some dinner? Or shooting some dinner?

This weekend would be great! Maybe Saturday? If not, I am up for another weekday meet! Anyone available these next 7 days?

Joe~

joejoejoe

Well I went to a shooting range, and I did not like it at all. I much rather prefer going to the mountain. I was also thinking we can go get food at a sit down place like Apple Bees or TGIF or somewhere along the lines of a low-priced-yet-still-good restaurant. Saturday would be ideal for me, but I have a few friends who like to join and Monday works better for them. So, Saturday or Monday?

USMC1911

NOTE:

Please be very careful when shooting up at LARCH MT. Yesterday a arrant round impacted inside the Correctional Facility parking lot, shattering an employee’s truck window. There were visitors less than 20 feet away queuing up to enter the facility to visit their Inmates. This is not the first time this has happened, we get several rounds impacting inside our perimeter every year. The gravel pit East of four corners is directly in line with Larch Correctional Facility. Please be mindful of where you shoot and know your impact area. I am amazed that no one has been hit by these arrant rounds.
Semper Fi

SargentMac

Unfortunately this is a short weekend for me so I'll be spending the day with my wife and son. I could probably talk her into letting me out for dinner on Saturday. Joe, were you thinking the Applebee's on 99th Street, next to McDonald's?

joejoejoe

Ya, next to McDonald's because it's like two feet from where I live :) Maybe we can hold off 'till next week. Seems like a closed weekend for everyone!

SargentMac

Well Saturday is the best evening for me to get away. I work next week, appointments Thursday, drive to Cali and back on Friday, and rest on Saturday. Sounds like Mech and I can make it, maybe BW will reply later today. It's a weekend, could always see if some of the northerners wanna come down for it.

Mech

I'm leaving for Taiwan on Tuesday, so Monday's out for me.

If yall can pull something together for Saturday, I'll do my best to come along. I checked with my folks last night and they're unsure of how busy the weekend might be. So I'd say go ahead and make the plans without me; if I'm free tomorrow then I'll let you guys know. Otherwise, have a good time!

joejoejoe

Well 3 is good enough for me! You guys wanna do Saturday shooting at like 4ish then dinner after that? Lemme know.

bwboley

Activist Member
just let me know i might can make it sorry didnt reply earlyer left for seattle at like 4 am thursday to get my friend to the airport drove around seattle looking at the needle and other stuff and there mest up roads then took the Ferrie from seattle to bremerton. got home around 3 and passed out lol

Last edited:

joejoejoe

Ok, let's meet at Wholesale Sports on 4th plain (so I can buy ammo) at 3:30pm. We will make it to Larch a little before 4pm. We can shoot it up for a couple of hours then head to Apple Bees on 99th St. by the I-5 overpass. Lets plan dinner at 6:30pm so we can have plenty of time for traffic and travel. I hate being rushed!!

Sound good?

Joe~

Last edited:

SargentMac

So I called Applebee's and spoke with General Manager Aaron Hunt. I explained that we'd like to have dinner there tomorrow. I asked about whether or not his restaurant has a firearm policy. He said he'd be more than happy to have us and that restaurant policy is to follow state and federal law. He also informed me that they had a situation there once when several patrons were carrying firearms. They consumed quite a few alcoholic drinks and some other patrons were getting concerned. I told him that would not be a problem.

Anyway, Aaron was a real nice guy and seemed open minded about firearms in his restaurant, despite a bad experience before. We'll see how things go tomorrow but I think we'll be happy to give this restaurant our business.

joejoejoe

Wow awesome... plus it's illegal to have your firearm in an area that is restricted to 21 or older... aka the bar at apple bee's. Sooo...

Joe~

joejoejoe

Well I don't drink in general. It's a personal choice... I certainly wouldn't drink with a gun! That's just asking for trouble.

bwboley

Activist Member
how much is ammo at wholesale? i get mine from walmart i get remington or winchester witch is like 14 or 15 bucks for 50 rounds of 9mm

Ok, let's meet at Wholesale Sports on 4th plain (so I can buy ammo) at 3:30pm. We will make it to Larch a little before 4pm. We can shoot it up for a couple of hours then head to Apple Bees on 99th St. by the I-5 overpass. Lets plan dinner at 6:30pm so we can have plenty of time for traffic and travel. I hate being rushed!!

Sound good?

Joe~

Last edited:

Mech

Hey Joe, I've managed to clear my plate enough tomorrow to make the range trip; unfortunately, my folks want me home for dinner, so it looks like I'll be bugging out after the range session.

If you can PM me your phone number and I'll send you mine, that would be great; I screen my calls pretty heavily so I don't answer any unknown numbers.

Or, I'll just see you at Wholesale Sports at 3:30PM.