• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver OC Meetup?

Mech

how much is ammo at wholesale? i get mine from walmart i get remington or winchester witch is like 14 or 15 bucks for 50 rounds of 9mm

What about Federal 9mm? Last I checked they had 50rds of 9mm in 117grain for $9.47!

bwboley

Activist Member
What about Federal 9mm? Last I checked they had 50rds of 9mm in 117grain for $9.47!

were walmart? every time i go they only have winchester and remington hmm thats even better what guns are ppl gunna take? i might try and see f my grandpa wll let me use his old .357 Revolver from when he first became a cop i realy want to shoot it bad lol

joejoejoe

You can try out my 357 revolver if you want. The rounds are about 13-14 dollars for Lugar 9mm. I am not sure if they sell them cheaper if they are different brand. I shoot .38 and .357 which is about 22-27 dollars per 50. Anyways, can I get a head count for tomorrow? My wife is going to come shoot with us too, so maybe bring some extra guns!

I'll PM you my number mech, and if anyone else needs it, let me know.

Joe~

3:30PM* wholesale sports! dont forget :)

Last edited:

bwboley

Activist Member
il try and make been doing alot last few days im kinda dead. lol went to seattle at 3:30am on thursday on 1 hour sleep to take my friend to seatac. decided never realy seen seattle so i drove around and walked around [by the way whats with the goats on the side of the hill by alaskin way by the ferrie terminal] then jumped on the ferrie to bermerton because i never been on one before then drove home at 3pm slept for 5 hours and spent all day sturgeon fishing today up by becon rock so im dead lol

ALSO I HOPE U MEAN 3:30PM not am cuz i wont make it!

Last edited:

joejoejoe

Yes 3:30PM :) And just browse around wholesale until we all get there. I am bringing my Van which holds about 5 so that's my wife and 3 others. If that's alright with you guys, I can drive us there.

joejoejoe

Heading out to look at guns with my wife! See you guys there :) For those who aren't shooting, Apple Bee's at 6:30!

Joe~

Mech

The shoot was a lot of fun today; we had some rather creative target; some old PCB boards, a few old penny hokey boards that I made out of wood; bullet holes sure show up nice and clear on a white piece of wood!

Sorry I couldn't join yall for dinner; hope you guys had fun. Did anyone take pictures while at dinner? I can't believe we didn't take any when we were up in the mountain!

Joe, thanks again for organizing this trip; it sure is great to know there's people I can go shooting with in the future. And Brad, thanks for letting us shoot your Hi-Point; sure lets us know what a great "bang for the buck" gun shoots like now! :)

PS. Annoyingly enough, I ended up having to take my brother out to dinner since mom didn't make it home in time, and she didn't want to make us cook because she'd feel bad, so I had to take him to Black Angus in downtown Vancouver. Yep, I had time to clean my gun after I got home, loaded my magazines up with SD ammo, then headed back out. Went into Black Angus, at least 4 employees greeted us at the front desk, and I'd be d@mned if NONE of them noticed the pistol I was OC'ing; but no one said a word. Nothing. No weird glances, looks, etc, all the way till we left.

Twas a good day :D

Last edited:

joejoejoe

That's awesome! Did your mom catch you leaving the house with your brother and a gun strapped to your side?! Glad to know Black Angus is OC friendly! We had a great time at Apple Bees, and now after talking to Ryan, my wife is convinced she is going to buy a glock :)

Joe~

bwboley

Activist Member
No pics lol ya it was fun i took us up there the less roads i could so it be kinda easy for ppl to go up there.

open carrying with you guys got me doing more by my self i even been trying it going to the store more offen by my house [ne portland]
Il try and make every meet up we have!

Glocks are great guns i love my grandpas glock 19 9mm im thinking about getting the 17 thats just a lil bigger or the glock 21 .45

check this small glock out http://www.vpc.org/graphics/glock26.jpg

Last edited:

Mech

Haha no...my mom was still down in Clackamas when I took my brother out for dinner. He's used to seeing me walking around with a gun strapped to my hip when mom's not around, and if he knows what's good for him, he wont tell :p

And yep the road up to the gravel pit was pretty easy; although, during stretches of the trip up there when there was nothing on one side but the cliff, and it was so cloudy I could barely see anything, it definitely made me nervous :p (Not too much of a 4-wheeler guy...yet! :D )
But thanks Brad for driving slowly so I could keep up! :)