• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AOD credit union new branch open

B1911

Well I've been a member of AOD credit union for many years and have gone in the anniston branch many times since I've started to open carry and never had a problem not even a alarmed look, they have no sign posted saying no guns ( that I've seen)

Anyway the new Oxford branch opened up not long ago and I finally went to conduct my banking business and such and in big bold print and even a picture is what? You guessed right a sign saying no guns well I went in anyway and didn't expect any trouble ( I was still in security uniform and still armed, sorry it sucks but its true about people seeing a uniform and gun there is no alarm ) I did what I need had no trouble and left as I was in a hurry to my next job post
My next problem is I don't have access to a computer to email inquiring about the sign ( I log on to OC.ORG via my Droid but can't email the branch manager hmmmm problem with Droid cellphone? LOL. Was wondering if anyone more seasoned in the legal quoting email the Oxford branch, I will provide address soon

B1911

AOD federal credit union
PO box 608
Bynum al 36253
256-831-4504
www.aodfcu.com

And dumb question but it being a federal credit union could I be really mistaken on open carry inside ?

Last edited:

B1911

Ah thanks for clearing that up, I called the manager and she didn't want to any question reguarding the sign, I guess ill drive out of my way to anniston branch where they welcome me

AL Ranger

If the poster is a circle with a pistol in it and a line drawn through it, ask why self-defense is not allowed in the credit union or how many bank robbers a sign has ever stopped.

B1911

If the poster is a circle with a pistol in it and a line drawn through it, ask why self-defense is not allowed in the credit union or how many bank robbers a sign has ever stopped.
It is a circle with a slash through it

B1911

Well now the anniston branch has the same sign. ... looks like they are not going to allow open carry..