Thread: OC at fairs

OC at fairs

Wondering if anyone has ever had a problem of OC'ing at any of the state fairs. I went to North Haverhill Fair yesterday kind of cheesy their website said no firearms so I cc'd but their website was the only place I saw posted not anywhere else when I got to the fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Wondering if anyone has ever had a problem of OC'ing at any of the state fairs. I went to North Haverhill Fair yesterday kind of cheesy their website said no firearms so I cc'd but their website was the only place I saw posted not anywhere else when I got to the fair.
    As far as I know NH unlike Vermont does not have any state owned fair grounds( again could be wrong but I have never heard of any). Last time I checked most fairs that are held in NH are held on privately owned lands and as such the owner/fair organizer can set his/her own rules pertaining to firearms. The main fair around Claremont and Lebanon is called the Cornish fair and it's held on grounds right next to the school in Cornish. What fair are looking to attend while OC?

Quote Originally Posted by NewHampshireNative2005 View Post
    What fair are looking to attend while OC?

None in particular except maybe Lancaster and what ever else might catch my attention

Certainly isn't a state or local law preventing you from carrying at a fair. If the property is privately owned it could be the property owner or insurance company having that posted. If it is publicly owned land, but organized by a private organization.... you'll need to talk to a lawyer....

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Certainly isn't a state or local law preventing you from carrying at a fair. If the property is privately owned it could be the property owner or insurance company having that posted. If it is publicly owned land, but organized by a private organization.... you'll need to talk to a lawyer....
    I really wish you'd get off the "talk to a lawyer" kick. This isn't f'ing Mass!

I have an inquiry in to the Lancaster clerk about who owns the fairgrounds. I know that it was originally purchased privately by the Cos and Essex Agricultural Society, but I don't know if it's still privately owned.

I'll post the answer when I get one.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    I have an inquiry in to the Lancaster clerk about who owns the fairgrounds. I know that it was originally purchased privately by the Cos and Essex Agricultural Society, but I don't know if it's still privately owned.

I'll post the answer when I get one.
    I'd suspect that since you are in COOS county, you'll be fine. Folks up there are a lot more accepting of OC.

Nothing heard from the town clerk.

Stratham Fair is coming up, and I have found no rules against OCing on their site So I guess I'll be there.

Just thought Id post this tid bit of info. The Fryeburg fair in ME has signs for " No Firearms allowed". Concealed it one year and left in my car another year. Of course I have a permit in ME.

Quote Originally Posted by MagsH2 View Post
    Just thought Id post this tid bit of info. The Fryeburg fair in ME has signs for " No Firearms allowed". Concealed it one year and left in my car another year. Of course I have a permit in ME.
    Darn, I was hoping to try out that fair this year. I've heard it is great. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the Stratham Fair like I had hoped. Oh well, maybe next year.