• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC at fairs

Jay

Wondering if anyone has ever had a problem of OC'ing at any of the state fairs. I went to North Haverhill Fair yesterday kind of cheesy their website said no firearms so I cc'd but their website was the only place I saw posted not anywhere else when I got to the fair.

NewHampshireNative

Wondering if anyone has ever had a problem of OC'ing at any of the state fairs. I went to North Haverhill Fair yesterday kind of cheesy their website said no firearms so I cc'd but their website was the only place I saw posted not anywhere else when I got to the fair.

As far as I know NH unlike Vermont does not have any state owned fair grounds( again could be wrong but I have never heard of any). Last time I checked most fairs that are held in NH are held on privately owned lands and as such the owner/fair organizer can set his/her own rules pertaining to firearms. The main fair around Claremont and Lebanon is called the Cornish fair and it's held on grounds right next to the school in Cornish. What fair are looking to attend while OC?

doobie

Certainly isn't a state or local law preventing you from carrying at a fair. If the property is privately owned it could be the property owner or insurance company having that posted. If it is publicly owned land, but organized by a private organization.... you'll need to talk to a lawyer....

nhsig220

Certainly isn't a state or local law preventing you from carrying at a fair. If the property is privately owned it could be the property owner or insurance company having that posted. If it is publicly owned land, but organized by a private organization.... you'll need to talk to a lawyer....

I really wish you'd get off the "talk to a lawyer" kick. This isn't f'ing Mass!

KBCraig

I have an inquiry in to the Lancaster clerk about who owns the fairgrounds. I know that it was originally purchased privately by the Coös and Essex Agricultural Society, but I don't know if it's still privately owned.

I'll post the answer when I get one.

Trekker

I have an inquiry in to the Lancaster clerk about who owns the fairgrounds. I know that it was originally purchased privately by the Coös and Essex Agricultural Society, but I don't know if it's still privately owned.

I'll post the answer when I get one.

I'd suspect that since you are in COOS county, you'll be fine. Folks up there are a lot more accepting of OC.

MagsH2

Just thought Id post this tid bit of info. The Fryeburg fair in ME has signs for " No Firearms allowed". Concealed it one year and left in my car another year. Of course I have a permit in ME.

jrd929

Just thought Id post this tid bit of info. The Fryeburg fair in ME has signs for " No Firearms allowed". Concealed it one year and left in my car another year. Of course I have a permit in ME.

Darn, I was hoping to try out that fair this year. I've heard it is great. Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the Stratham Fair like I had hoped. Oh well, maybe next year.