Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Brand of Gun Manufacturer and Why?

Favorite Brand of Gun Manufacturer and Why?

Mine is the SPRINGFIELD and ROCK RIVER ARMS brands, both have been great company's for customer support. All my weapons from them have never ever had a singe malfunction, they are not just a "safe guns" (this means i am not afraid to get scratches or wear on them). and have been used hard/everyday I am wanting this to be a fun thread, tell us why you like them without the company talking points. I would ask people to play nice, this is only meant as fun. (THIS MEANS NO BASHING OF ANOTHER PERSONS CHOICE OR REASON FOR THAT CHOICE.)
    Last edited by zack991; 07-30-2010 at 01:53 PM.

I don't know about manufacturer... though I am currently partial to Springfield.

Can I choose my favorite designer instead? John Browning. Hands down.

Safe Queens

Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    they are not safe guns
    I know what you mean here, that these guns are not destined to live out their time inside a "gun safe" but I'm just clarifying for someone who might misread your post and think you like guns that are considered unsafe. I can also think of no gun manufacturer that has done more than Ronnie Barrett of Barrett Firearms Manufacturing to support the right of the people even against his own interests. For that they are a favorite I hope to one day be able to afford to own and practice with.

Glock. It is the only company that makes an extremely reliable double stack 10mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uziel Gal View Post
    I know what you mean here, that these guns are not destined to live out their time inside a "gun safe" but I'm just clarifying for someone who might misread your post and think you like guns that are considered unsafe. I can also think of no gun manufacturer that has done more than Ronnie Barrett of Barrett Firearms Manufacturing to support the right of the people even against his own interests. For that they are a favorite I hope to one day be able to afford to own and practice with.
    Thanks, I added some text try to help clear it up.
    Last edited by zack991; 07-30-2010 at 01:55 PM.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar
    I like all my guns, but I suppose my go-to brand is Springfield. I love my Taurus too. Hard to decide on an absolute favorite. It's easier to pick out which ones I don't like, or find less appealing than others.

Sig. While they may be pricier, I live and would die by a Sig. I have had many and not one has come to fail me thus far.
    "Know firearms, know safety. No firearms, no safety"
    "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts."

For a carry gun I am partial to Springfield but for some seriously accurate long range handgun shooting I prefer my Remington XP100 in 7-08.

I've gotta say that I love my Glock, but my Beretta 92FS Inox is my favorite firearm. Having only one gun from any given manufacturer, I can't really pick one as my favorite... but my favorite gun so far is my Beretta.

COLT! all day long
    OH NO!!! I cant seem to think of anything "funny" and/or "wise" to put in my forum signature...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! lol

Love my Glock but those Sigs are looking mighty pretty (and pricey darn).

Banned
    F,LLI Pietta

They make black powder affordable.

As far as personal experience, Sig and H&K are my goto guns.

I have others that may prove as reliable and accurate but I have found nothing wrong with Sig (P220) or H&K (USP) both in 45acp.
    Last edited by 45acpForMe; 07-30-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigander View Post
    Glock. It is the only company that makes an extremely reliable double stack 10mm.
    This
    The more we sweat in times of peace, the less we bleed in times of war.

Super Squirter, because I like getting shot on a hot summer day. My dog loves it too.

Last edited by 10A; 07-31-2010 at 01:43 AM.

Win

Quote Originally Posted by 10A View Post
    Super Squirter, because I like getting shot on a hot summer day. My dog loves it too.

illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Beretta! I think my px4 is indestructible! My Springfield 1911 has been nothing but problems from right out the box..

Glock. It's reliable, light, has good mag capacity, plenty of accessories, and I can get it in many different calibers.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber_Olafsun View Post
    Love my Glock but those Sigs are looking mighty pretty (and pricey darn).
    I haven't bought any of my SIG pistols new, and have never paid more than 600 for one, that deal included five mags and two barrels. There are some great deals around if you keep your eyes open.

H&K for me.

Got several brands I like. Got the H&K on the hip. That is about all I need to say to make my point.

For me its Sig Sauer.

The quality and reliability are far above any other pistol I have owned.
    Yes, they usually are twice the price of many combat pistols, but I believe its well worth it.

The ergonomics and factory sights are great too.

In most cases I dont even have to use the sights, because its pretty much a "point and click" handgun.

Also, with the forged stainless steel slide, .40 and .357-Sig calibers are very manageable regarding recoil. Even my 5'2" skinny asian girlfriend can shoot the pistol in the .357-sig cartridge and have no issues.

Some of the most elite forces in the world use Sigs. The British SAS, Navy SEALS, Canadian special forces, German Spezialeinsatzkommandos, Switzerland Infantry and the US Secret Service to name a few.
    Last edited by Sig229; 08-01-2010 at 01:41 AM.
    "Let your gun be your constant companion during your walks" ~Thomas Jefferson

Ruger! Had a P89 for over 20 years, sold it because I no longer like the 9mm round. Think it's under powered. Have a Redhawk that I've owned for over 20 years and absolutely love it. Not fond of the Mini 14 or Mini 30. Had a Mini 30 that I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with had I been inside the barn. But I have a Mark II 300 Win Mag that I can't miss with. I have other brand names but I spose my 2nd favorite is Springfield Armory. I love my XD45.
    ‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’ Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by KansasMustang View Post
    Ruger! Had a P89 for over 20 years,.
    Im not too fond of Rugers, but I will say this. For a cheap (in price) handgun, you do get a lot of quality for your buck.

Mine was Sig until I found FN. Great products, service, value, and history. I love the High Power. I carry a FNP-9, have recently ordered a FNP-45, and crave a SCAR Heavy. The company's history with military products is storied.

Quote Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
    Mine was Sig until I found FN. Great products, service, value, and history. I love the High Power. I carry a FNP-9, have recently ordered a FNP-45, and crave a SCAR Heavy. The company's history with military products is storied.
    True, FN has some quality firearms on the market.

I guess my list would be:
    1-SIG SAUER (already posted about that)
    2-Glock
    3-FN

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast