• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Favorite Brand of Gun Manufacturer and Why?

Sig229

For me its Sig Sauer.

The quality and reliability are far above any other pistol I have owned.
Yes, they usually are twice the price of many combat pistols, but I believe its well worth it.

The ergonomics and factory sights are great too.

In most cases I dont even have to use the sights, because its pretty much a "point and click" handgun.

Also, with the forged stainless steel slide, .40 and .357-Sig calibers are very manageable regarding recoil. Even my 5'2" skinny asian girlfriend can shoot the pistol in the .357-sig cartridge and have no issues.

Some of the most elite forces in the world use Sigs. The British SAS, Navy SEALS, Canadian special forces, German Spezialeinsatzkommandos, Switzerland Infantry and the US Secret Service to name a few.

Last edited:

KansasMustang

Ruger! Had a P89 for over 20 years, sold it because I no longer like the 9mm round. Think it's under powered. Have a Redhawk that I've owned for over 20 years and absolutely love it. Not fond of the Mini 14 or Mini 30. Had a Mini 30 that I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with had I been inside the barn. But I have a Mark II 300 Win Mag that I can't miss with. I have other brand names but I spose my 2nd favorite is Springfield Armory. I love my XD45.

Copperhead

Mine was Sig until I found FN. Great products, service, value, and history. I love the High Power. I carry a FNP-9, have recently ordered a FNP-45, and crave a SCAR Heavy. The company's history with military products is storied.

Sig229

Mine was Sig until I found FN. Great products, service, value, and history. I love the High Power. I carry a FNP-9, have recently ordered a FNP-45, and crave a SCAR Heavy. The company's history with military products is storied.

True, FN has some quality firearms on the market.

I guess my list would be:
1-SIG SAUER (already posted about that)
2-Glock
3-FN

Welcome to the forum by the way.

VAopencarry

I am big Springfield XD fan. Reliable, fits my hand like it was made for me and I am more accurate with it than any other handgun I have owned and I have owned a lot. But will probably add a S&W M&P when I refill my handgun collection. Maybe a Glock when I get another 10mm but I am hoping someone else will make a reliable polymer 10mm by then.
sterb260.gif

ballester

HK...ive owned far more HK pistols then any other one brand...i love my p2000 in 9mm..it fits my hand and extremely comfortable to shoot..i really miss my USPc in .45acp...i liked my G17..i just couldnt love it..i dont care for striker fired pistols and the ergo's wasnt my style..personal choice...not a bash on a great pistol...

as far as sleeper guns i didnt expect to like..Bersa Thunder 380..darn little thing was handy and reliable..i also carried for a brief time a 1950's Beretta 1935 in .32 acp..was heavy but hid well..

if everybody promises not to laugh..i still have it but its on loan to an older lady with bad arthritis...never had a single failure of any type after 200+ rds..and i was given the gun in need of severe tlc.. A Raven .25...ok now that your done snickering..i guess i thought it would be a paper weight..200+ rds later..still works!! plus the pearl grips accent the chrome nicely...LMAO...

.45acp

If I had to choose for Semi Autos it would Colt, for Revolvers S&W (Except for the Python and Diamondbacks which are my all time favorite revolvers).

Steve

CrossFire

Not saying that I would not own any other model, because I do own some others, but I will never be without my Springfield XD's ever.

HK_dave

Ruger. have owned Rugers for over 30 years, love the fit & finish, reliable as hell, always received optional parts from Ruger at no charge. currently have 6 rugers, including a Blackhawk .44.

carried a P89 9mm for 10 years, switched to a Walter .40, now carry an HK .40.

will never question owning any Ruger.

Last edited:

G20-IWB24/7

Glock.

Nothing is more reliable, lightweight, available in any useful caliber (for defensive use), and is very simplistic in its design. You can oil them with mud and they keep on working.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Glock.

Nothing is more reliable, lightweight, available in any useful caliber (for defensive use), and is very simplistic in its design. You can oil them with mud and they keep on working.

I'm not going to get into oiling it with mud, but as far as I'm concerned the XD is superior in design, with more options. The frame rails in the XD are steel, and could be replaced if they wore out. If you managed to wear out a Glock frame, that's it. It's scrap plastic. Not that Glocks aren't great. The company is the pioneer in polymer frames, and still make the best quality polymer framed handguns on the market except for the XD. Just my 2 cents, flame on Glock lovers.:dude:

Broondog

while i can't really peg down my favorite manufacturer, i can sure peg the part of the world that makes the best firearms IMO of course.

Central Europe has the market cornered for quality, craftsmanship and reliability. Germany (Sig), Austria (Glock and Steyr) and old Czechoslovakia (older CZ's) have it going on. they just flat out blow away (pun intended) anything made in the states. but then again i have a penchant for Eastern Bloc guns. adding in ruggedness and beautiful ugliness gives them my vote for sure.

let's not talk long guns for i'm sure i'm in a minority there as well. :)

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Kel Tec

No fluff, no BS, no brand name to pay for as if it mattered.

Liberals hate the Tec9, so that's a plus.

Lifetime warranty.

Cheap.

CrossFire

+1 What he said.

I'm not going to get into oiling it with mud, but as far as I'm concerned the XD is superior in design, with more options. The frame rails in the XD are steel, and could be replaced if they wore out. If you managed to wear out a Glock frame, that's it. It's scrap plastic. Not that Glocks aren't great. The company is the pioneer in polymer frames, and still make the best quality polymer framed handguns on the market except for the XD. Just my 2 cents, flame on Glock lovers.:dude: