Thread: John ball park Zoo

John ball park Zoo

Anyone here open carry at John Ball Zoo? Normally, I wouldn't bother asking, but since this is going to be a daddy/son day, I would prefer not to make my 4 year old wait if I get stopped, but I also dont want to leave a pistol in the trunk of my car in a busy public parking lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrome coytoe View Post
    Anyone here open carry at John Ball Zoo? Normally, I wouldn't bother asking, but since this is going to be a daddy/son day, I would prefer not to make my 4 year old wait if I get stopped, but I also dont want to leave a pistol in the trunk of my car in a busy public parking lot.
    We have had an OC picnic at the Zoo in the past. You should have no problem.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Was that at the park outside, or in the actual zoo? I just dont want to spoil the time I get to spend with my son.

Was that at the park outside, or in the actual zoo? I just dont want to spoil the time I get to spend with my son.
    Doesn't matter the Zoo is Owned and operated by Kent County and preemption applies!

http://www.accesskent.com/CultureLei.../zoo_index.htm
    Last edited by autosurgeon; 07-30-2010 at 03:29 PM.
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

The park, right outside the zoo entrance by the pavilion with the swan paddle boats.

I've OC'd twice, but NOT during the summer. It was during the early spring no cover charge time... ie there were not many people around.
    Giving up our liberties for safety is the one sure way to let the violent among us win.

"Though defensive violence will always be a 'sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." -Saint Augustine

Disclaimer I am not a lawyer! Please do not consider anything you read from me to be legal advice.