• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another Spokane? Pierce County Parks Gun Ban

jt59

Muri support

Good contact! I think I also read that he is a current board member of WAC too. Does that organization get involved in these political/legal routs? Maybe you can give him a head's up.

I already spoke in front of the County Council earlier this year on the proposed change of weapons policy at the courthouse and will be pushing this as well. I will contact the council as well. We have a good supporter in councilman Dick Muri who is running against Adam 'Pelosi' Smith for Congress.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
To my knowledge Dick is not a WAC board member. He was not even recommended in the latest edition of Gun News (produced by the WAC) over Adam "Pelosi" Smith. Dick does get a+ ratings from the NRA.

Good contact! I think I also read that he is a current board member of WAC too. Does that organization get involved in these political/legal routs? Maybe you can give him a head's up.

jt59

You are correct...actually, after I wrote that response, I realized I saw his name on a different list on the website I was looking at and thought I discarded this post.

My bad,

To my knowledge Dick is not a WAC board member. He was not even recommended in the latest edition of Gun News (produced by the WAC) over Adam "Pelosi" Smith. Dick does get a+ ratings from the NRA.

jt59

jt59

patty murray?

this is a little off topic to the thread, but what gives with the google ad in the last post:

Stand with Patty Murray
Defeat Dino Rossi. Sign up today to help Patty Murray!
PattyMurray.com

Is she being endorsed by this group?

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
NO

When you see 'google' ads they have nothing to do with the site, they are random and based off of cookies (they can tell you are from Washington)

this is a little off topic to the thread, but what gives with the google ad in the last post:

Stand with Patty Murray
Defeat Dino Rossi. Sign up today to help Patty Murray!
PattyMurray.com

Is she being endorsed by this group?

jt59

Just a bump....has anyone else written a letter to the director of Pierce County Parks to support this effort?

I am going to start gathering some info and make a few calls.....

So far:

I wrote an email
winchestermodel12 indicated he did too...

Gogodawgs, did you get a chance to correspond?

Anyone else like to contribute....now's the time!

Last edited:

jt59

This may have changed:

http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/services/recreate/fac-rules.htm

Now it only mentions discharge of firearms.

AWESOME! This was not like this a 1/ 1/2 weeks ago.

I hope the couple of letters they recieved did the trick....I will follow up with a call to verify, but....we want to make sure that the process for the signs revisions out in the various locations is in place and in the interim, the Pierce County Prosecutor advises the LEO's agency to "not enforce".

jt59

Success in Pierce County Parks

I spoke with Kent Baskett, Director of Pierce County Parks today 8-06-2010 @ 9:15AM.

He confirmed he recieved my email and indicated that the rules for parks had been changed in 08' to reflect state law and that all the signs have been changed....Maybe Swatspyder, you were more effective than you thought.

I mentioned to him that the website as of last week still indicated "no firearms" and the signs at Chambers Creek Golf course were still incorrect.

He indicated that he missed updating the website (for two years!) and Chambers Creek was managed by another office under parks and that he would notifiy them to change the signage....since I walk there 2-3 times a week, I'll keep my eye on it.

Looks like we should pick a park for a get-together....any ideas?

Anyway, he said no problem, we're good to go.....

Last edited:

Batousaii

State Enforcement there of..

The State itself needs to step up to the plate and manage these rogue city, county area's. If found out of compliance with preemption, they should be held accountable, exactly the same as you and me would be if we build something out of code, or if we are caught speeding on a public road. The state is partially to blame for the lax regard that these counties hold for preemption.

Law and rule need to be simplified, and enforced. We have way to many needless laws and rules, and it is way to easy to accidentally become a criminal (without intent or design). Because of this, it is also known that many rules and laws that should be enforced are not, because they contrast against a sea of vague and ambiguous ones.

Finally, But more to point, How can the state, police, or any authority enforce a rule against the citizens, if it will not first enforce a rule against itself, would this not rub against the line of Tyranny?

I guess thats three cents here,

Bat.