Thread: Is 'Movie Tavern' posted?

Is 'Movie Tavern' posted?

Any of you Texans been to a Movie Tavern?
    Are they posted?
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

I've been to the one in Humble, which is slightly to the northeast of Houston, and I didn't see any signs posted at that time (about four months ago). Did we find out a problem with the parents company or somesuch?

I was kicked out of one in VA for OC

When I heard they were based in TX, I thought a good way to know their gun policy was to ask here, as in TX they would have to post in accordance with 30.06

I have sent a e-mail, and will be calling corporate offices on Monday.

I was searching, and found Movie Tavern was discussed on some of the texaschlforums and everyone says they are not posted. (the ones with bars are 51%ers though)
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Aye, I've never heard of any trouble with them here so far. I hadn't considered that any of them would have 51% signs, but the one in Humble might be an outlier (Alamo Drafthouse is a famous Texan movie/bar/restaurant chain, and I know almost all of them are 51% places). It sounds like it's a Virginian location's manager pulling it out of the air.

Quick edit addendum - all the locations around Houston hold a FB subcertificate, so they can't be 51% by law.
    Last edited by denwego; 07-31-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by denwego View Post
    Aye, I've never heard of any trouble with them here so far. I hadn't considered that any of them would have 51% signs, but the one in Humble might be an outlier (Alamo Drafthouse is a famous Texan movie/bar/restaurant chain, and I know almost all of them are 51% places). It sounds like it's a Virginian location's manager pulling it out of the air.

Quick edit addendum - all the locations around Houston hold a FB subcertificate, so they can't be 51% by law.
    I've never seen a 51% sign or a 30.06 sign at any Alamo Drafthouse in the Austin area.

Quote Originally Posted by simmonsjoe View Post
    When I heard they were based in TX, I thought a good way to know their gun policy was to ask here, as in TX they would have to post in accordance with 30.06

I have sent a e-mail, and will be calling corporate offices on Monday.

I was searching, and found Movie Tavern was discussed on some of the texaschlforums and everyone says they are not posted. (the ones with bars are 51%ers though)
    If you haven't called corporate yet, please don't. Probably best to let the sleeping dog lie.